Blanks to be fired during active shooter drill at PA school

What could possibly go wrong
Stress inoculation is great. Let’s go force-on-force, arming the kids with Simunition to complete the experience. Driver’s ed followed immediately by shooter’s ed.

But seriously, my first thought was Brandon Lee.

Kids will only get upset about this because they're expected to get upset. We need to start telling kids to "rub some dirt on it and get up" instead of worrying about every boo-boo.

Yes, I'm a dad. Yes - I raced my son to the hospital with an obviously broken arm. Yes - I told him to quit crying earlier in the day when he skinned his knee. Make an issue of a real issue, not a fake one.

I worry about parents who raise their kids to be afraid of everything. I'm worried about what kind of irrational reaction they'll have when my son says he wants a flamethrower for his birthday (what, you don't?) - this should be a comical request from a kid, but I know someone is going to panic.

Wait, I thought that the correct NES response was that if they are holding a drill, there would be an actual event nearby... :confused:

Kids will only get upset about this because they're expected to get upset. We need to start telling kids to "rub some dirt on it and get up" instead of worrying about every boo-boo.

Yes, I'm a dad. Yes - I raced my son to the hospital with an obviously broken arm. Yes - I told him to quit crying earlier in the day when he skinned his knee. Make an issue of a real issue, not a fake one.

I worry about parents who raise their kids to be afraid of everything. I'm worried about what kind of irrational reaction they'll have when my son says he wants a flamethrower for his birthday (what, you don't?) - this should be a comical request from a kid, but I know someone is going to panic.

More parents need to be like this, indeed. I too, am a dad and follow the same principles when my son gets hurt. Unless there is blood (enough to require stitches, etc), or a broken bone, then all he has is a bruised ego. Get up, brush it off and keep moving. Don't sit there and cry about it. Otherwise, we only raise these pansy snowflakes whom we as a country seem to consistently elect to office so that they can ruin our country. The world needs more tough guys, not keyboard warriors, but people who have a real backbone and don't just keel over and give up because they got a papercut while working their cushy desk job.

These kids should learn what gunfire sounds like if they're not acquainted with it. Then they'll know what the f*** is going down if a shooting ever does occur, god forbid. But they also can not be coddled after the fact. They need to know this is real life, this can very well happen, and that they can't just go crying to mommy because loud noise.

More parents need to be like this, indeed. I too, am a dad and follow the same principles when my son gets hurt. Unless there is blood (enough to require stitches, etc), or a broken bone, then all he has is a bruised ego. Get up, brush it off and keep moving. Don't sit there and cry about it. Otherwise, we only raise these pansy snowflakes whom we as a country seem to consistently elect to office so that they can ruin our country. The world needs more tough guys, not keyboard warriors, but people who have a real backbone and don't just keel over and give up because they got a papercut while working their cushy desk job.

These kids should learn what gunfire sounds like if they're not acquainted with it. Then they'll know what the f*** is going down if a shooting ever does occur, god forbid. But they also can not be coddled after the fact. They need to know this is real life, this can very well happen, and that they can't just go crying to mommy because loud noise.

One mistake I constantly make, is that while I'm good about trying to make my son tough, I'm a complete pushover for my daughter. I work hard at trying to be equal, but I fail a lot. With the way people are today, it is more important than ever that our daughters learn our manly arts. My 10 year old girl can change a flat tire, swap brake pads, jump start a car, chop wood, shoot a bow or gun, kill a spider, sharpen a knife, etc etc. These simple skills are becoming lost, and we need all our kids to learn them, because I doubt my little girl will be able to count on a guy being able to help her out.

Will they be deploying therapy puppies and hamsters by parachute?

If they do - I want video.

These drills are becoming the 'duck and cover' of the pre-80s.

The school shootings this drill is for do not happen all that often. Yes, one or two a year by some numbnut everyone knows is going to shoot up a school one day. There are thousands of schools in this country, someone can do the math, but the chance of this happening at any one school is minuscule.

Lock the door, jam the door, pile desks on the door. Wait for the situation to resolve itself. Give the teacher a gun if it makes you feel better. Put a cop at the door if that's your thing. But these things simply do not happen as often as the press makes it out to be.

These drills are becoming the 'duck and cover' of the pre-80s.

The school shootings this drill is for do not happen all that often. Yes, one or two a year by some numbnut everyone knows is going to shoot up a school one day. There are thousands of schools in this country, someone can do the math, but the chance of this happening at any one school is minuscule.

Lock the door, jam the door, pile desks on the door. Wait for the situation to resolve itself. Give the teacher a gun if it makes you feel better. Put a cop at the door if that's your thing. But these things simply do not happen as often as the press makes it out to be.

From NPR (of all places):
View: https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

I am sure that this will somehow get classified as a school shooting by Everyclown and Bloomturds other bands of liars

The article is poor journalism.

It only talks about how traumatizing it would be for the weak students.
They should have presented the other side which is that this training will prepare the kids to respond and save lives.

One mistake I constantly make, is that while I'm good about trying to make my son tough, I'm a complete pushover for my daughter. I work hard at trying to be equal, but I fail a lot. With the way people are today, it is more important than ever that our daughters learn our manly arts. My 10 year old girl can change a flat tire, swap brake pads, jump start a car, chop wood, shoot a bow or gun, kill a spider, sharpen a knife, etc etc. These simple skills are becoming lost, and we need all our kids to learn them, because I doubt my little girl will be able to count on a guy being able to help her out.

She should never have to anyways, same goes for boys, too. Biggest source of f***ed up relationships is people who, despite being able, can't figure out how to live with themselves let alone someone
else. Like for example years ago I knew this guy in a f***ed up relationship with a histrionic bitch, because "she had a warm meal on the table when I got home" and I'm thinking to myself, does he not now how to cook or
feed himself? lol.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom