Blade-Tech Opinions

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Shooter I know is getting out of the 'action shooting' and asked me if I wanted some of his stuff. One of the items is a Blade-Tech Sting-Ray holster for a pistol I don't currently own a holster for. Looking at the website, it's a $63 kydex holster! [shocked]

LINK

d_200.jpg
d_426.jpg

That's the most expensive plastic holster I've ever seen. Granted he doesn't want what he paid for it, but he's asking what I've seen other kydex brands run.

With one exception, all my holsters are leather and that exception is for my J-frame pocket holster. I've just don't have all that much experience with the kydex stuff beyond seeing it at matches.

So, is a slightly used Blade-Tech worth the premium?

Quality kydex holsters generally go for $50-70. The cheapies like Fobus aren't kydex, they're injection molded plastic.

You probably won't be disappointed. I have one for my S&W625. I had some issues with some of the screws being locktited in place and had trouble getting them out (was removing the DOH attachment for IDPA). I called and asked if I could get some replacement screws as I had messed them up a little. They sent a bunch of screws and another DOH attachment - I received it in 2 days. I am definitely a fan of great customer service - also the holster works very nicely and is adjustable for tension.

Blade-Tech is a top-quality mfr of Kydex holsters. I have a few and like them, but prefer leather for everyday wear.

I have one for my S&W M&P 9 and love it. I have had mixed fresults with Uncle Mike's plastic holsters. The S&W 5906 holster is great but the Glock model doen't fit the gun well and its position on the belt doesn't allow for a smooth draw.

Blade-Tech is a top-quality mfr of Kydex holsters. I have a few and like them, but prefer leather for everyday wear.

+1. LenS is right on. Blade-Tech for the range and competition, leather for everyday use. I have 3 or 4 different brands of kydex holsters but the Blade-Tech's are the only ones that ever get to leave the house...

-Cuz.

Blade-Tech makes the best kydex holsters that Ive seen. I use one for work, and love it. Ready Tactical makes the best mag pouches.

I have one but it doesnt get much use, if I had the paddle attachment for it id definately use it more. Does anyone have a Paddle attachment for one that they'd part with? [grin]

I have one but it doesnt get much use, if I had the paddle attachment for it id definately use it more.

Same here. For OWB holsters do most folks use paddle holster or belt? I'm thinking about getting a kydex paddle but they generally ride higher. Taking my current holster on an off the belt translates into very little use for me

Same here. For OWB holsters do most folks use paddle holster or belt? I'm thinking about getting a kydex paddle but they generally ride higher. Taking my current holster on an off the belt translates into very little use for me

I prefer belt holsters. Why do you take your holster on and off?

I prefer belt holsters. Why do you take your holster on and off?

I used to manage a bar and also made all of the bank deposits. This bar was located in a questionable part of town, so I always carried to and from work and while making bank deposits. I seldom carried in the bar because a firearm was more of a liability than an asset in this situation.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to carry a gun in an environment where it can't safely be used. This club would routinely fill up with 250 people (legal max) which would make the safe use of a firearm virtually impossible. Also, my duties involved dealing with disgruntled patrons which occasionaly erupted into fist fights and wrestling matches. Again, a situation where a firearm was more of a liability than an asset. I would routinely lock my pistol in the safe at the beginning of the shift and remove it at closing time. My favorite carry gun at this time was a S&W model 60 in a clip on IWB holster. Easy on,easy off.

Back
Top Bottom