• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blackwater Going To Afghanistan

Uh. Seems kinda loose. "Blackwater" has not existed in years as such - literally over a decade. That logo now is used for branded apparel and toys.

XeS, Academi, 3C, NSPS, Constellis, whatever... not Blackwater.

If I had to guess, the ranks of "Blackwater" logo backpacks, gym socks, and airguns will soon be joined by branded firearms. Or maybe just scopes, grips, stocks, whatever.

Uh. Seems kinda loose. "Blackwater" has not existed in years as such - literally over a decade. That logo now is used for branded apparel and toys.

XeS, Academi, 3C, NSPS, Constellis, whatever... not Blackwater.

If I had to guess, the ranks of "Blackwater" logo backpacks, gym socks, and airguns will soon be joined by branded firearms. Or maybe just scopes, grips, stocks, whatever.
That's cute. There already were a SIG 226 Blackwater and a shotgun line by Mossberg with the Blackwater name and logo. That was what, 15 years ago?

Erik Prince has been trying to get back into the PMC game for a long time. He may have convinced Trump to cut back on the US DOD presence in Afghanistan and to allow him in.

Well, whoever PG Investments of Virginia, LLC is, they sure own the old Blackwater mark on a whole lotta miscellaneous truck.

Attachments

• tess.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Because mercs have done so much for stability in South America, Africa, and Southeast Asia the past century.:confused:

I think Executive Outcomes actually did a lot for stability in Africa. They were far more successful than most state militaries.

That said, I’m skeptical of Erik Prince.

Funny , who do you have to know to form a "private military" business.
Just seems funny to me. So when your current military cant or wont do thier job just call XYZ "we come in drop them and you clean up the mess"
Some how this is ok/legal? Sort of blows my mind a bit.
So whats stopping say Chicago from getting black water or Executive Outcomes to step in and clean up the streets.
I dont know the details but on BBC , IIRC Executive Outcomes was made up of alot of south african special forces that Mandela wanted gone.?
Its bad enough our own military has been used as a "military for hire" type of work in some shape or another since ? Well for ever.

This article does a good job of explaining the return of the Blackwater name.

Does it? Because I'm reading these articles and just seeing a ton of completely unrelated information, and one or two sentences of pure speculation about contracting under the old name MAYBE happening... Seems like Constellis says "nope, not us" and Erik Prince hasn't bought the name back.

That's cute. There already were a SIG 226 Blackwater and a shotgun line by Mossberg with the Blackwater name and logo. That was what, 15 years ago?

You're cute! But I'm not quite getting your point. That was 15 years ago. Before the name/company changed hands 4 times and there were video games, t-shirts, water bottles, and soft air guns and other such crap being pumped out with the Blackwater logo on them. This ad was in Recoil, not in National Defense or PMCI, nor in Military Times or .

Blackwater_cover.png
iu
iu

iu
original.jpg

I fully expect to see some branded firearms, clothing/gear the vein of 5.11, or the type of parts and magazines Magpul puts out. Maybe some kind of school or training program like the Sig Academy consumer end, geared towards Harry Homeowner - though from the interviews it looks like that wouldn't be at the old facility. The Blackwater name is way too "hot" especially with recent convictions (overblown ones granted) for any sane person to try to bring it back to market as a serious contractor; it'd be a completely unnecessary media nightmare.

There is ZERO evidence, nothing at all compelling, in either of these articles. And there aren't any waves in the industry whatsoever.

Does it? Because I'm reading these articles and just seeing a ton of completely unrelated information, and one or two sentences of pure speculation about contracting under the old name MAYBE happening... Seems like Constellis says "nope, not us" and Erik Prince hasn't bought the name back.

It works for me. Not the same Blackwater as before, but the name coming back (potentially?) via others.

Anyway, a contractor such as Blackwater became necessary to restore order in the post-Katrina shitshow. Many if not most of the NOPD bailed, and those who remained plus other necessary emergency services such as fire and ambulance were taking shots from gangs. Helicopters really were being shot. Little reported, but I heard firsthand reports from LEO family and friends that Blackwater did a good job of quickly taking care of business and restoring order so that others could simply do their jobs without being killed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom