• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blackrock the worlds largest investment firm 4Trillion assets to divest gun portfolio

Creating new gun free funds is different than selling off all their gun related assets. (if Im reading this right) This is pretty common and goes both ways. It gets the antis off there back while allowing them to possibly attract more money from lib nut jobs.

Creating new gun free funds is different than selling off all their gun related assets. (if Im reading this right) This is pretty common and goes both ways. It gets the antis off there back while allowing them to possibly attract more money from lib nut jobs.

I read it the same way. Let them create the funds and market them to SJWs. They'll soon find out that SJWs don't have enough money to be interesting.

I kinda like the idea of gun owners owning firearms stock. Feels like a good fit.
Anti's shouldn't have a say in what direction a company moves...

If it turns out he's anti then f*** him. However he could just be doing his job. Guns are way down right now due to Obama and Hillary not being in office

I'm happy to take a few free shares of RGR or AOBC if they're so sickened by owning them...happy to take all the PR heat as well!
RGR climbed over 10% between Thursday and Friday I think and AOBC wasn't far behind.

I know. But it's actually more like crowd funding because the investors use the products as opposed to only being employees.

Over time, this will turn around to bite BlackRock. It starts with "no more guns." Then "No more ____." Eventually, they limit themselves so much, they can't make money anymore. At that point, they either quietly distance themselves from their previous lines in the sand or they go out of business.

Either way works for me. BlackRock is no smarter at this than Jimmy Kimmel. STFU and do your job!

this idea has been out for a long time, there are products and funds that market themselves as not investing into alcohol or gay pr0n, but it's all gimmicks intended to fool investors into spending their money.

You'll find plenty of corps which directly or indirectly are invested in baby food, cigarettes and GE Gatling guns. All it matter is who is media's enemy de jour, make your find not directly invest into it ... profit.

Yep. Socially conscious investing has been "a thing" as long as I've been in the biz. It is just really really stupid. I explained this to a potential client a while back. "Look, if you avoid buying GE or Altria, do you think you are impacting those companies? No, you are buying shares from someone else. You are better off earning more and giving some of that $ to causes you care about to fight for what you believe in."

It never occurred to her. Of course, her highness recycled all of her plastic water bottles never thinking that MAYBE DRINKING PLASTIC WATER BOTTLED WATER WAS STUPID IN THE FIRST FREAKING PLACE!

I'm convinced that socially conscious investors are the dumbest of all investors. Bill Gates, Zark Muckerburg and the lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom