Blackhawk Serpa Holster ?

I have a serpa holster for my Glock 23. I like it. It is a little too bulky to wear under a large shirt, prints too much. I only wear it under a jacket in the winter and at the range. I have heard of a couple instances where some dirt or sand gets caught in the mechanism locks the gun in the rig. This makes it next to impossible to get the gun out without some serious work, so I hope it doesn't happen when I really need it. But to this point this has never happened to me, I also don't go running around it the dirt ans sand though while carrying.

I have a serpa holster for my Glock 23. I like it. It is a little too bulky to wear under a large shirt, prints too much. I only wear it under a jacket in the winter and at the range. I have heard of a couple instances where some dirt or sand gets caught in the mechanism locks the gun in the rig. This makes it next to impossible to get the gun out without some serious work, so I hope it doesn't happen when I really need it. But to this point this has never happened to me, I also don't go running around it the dirt ans sand though while carrying.
Thanks for the info. I heard that from a cop that I work with he has one for off duty and something got lodged in the release button during a speed drill and he could not disengage it without taking the whole thing off his side and using a flat head screw driver to clean it out then it worked fine. Must say there is no need for a malfunction in drawing

it is total crap for the reason mentioned above. IT can fail. return it or throw it out, but don't bet your life on it.

I agree with striped1.
See http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=164512
for more info.
In my opinion a holster used by civilians for concealed carry should have NO retention devices other than tension screws since because the weapon is concealed, you are not likely to have someone try to pull it out of the holster.
If it ever gets to a wrestling match, a good holster should keep the gun in.

Andrew.

The Marine Corps issued the thigh rig versions to pistol bearers while we were in Fallujah for 7 months. I never heard any complaints or of any problems and that is a dirty place and we beat the crap out of our gear. I fully intend to buy one though I CC most of the time with a Comp-tac IWB, so it's not so much an issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom