Blackhawk IWB Leather Holster

Just picked up this holster:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Inside-the-Pants-Leather-Concealment,1151,1418.htm

This is the first time I have went with an all leather holster for carry. Do any of you guys have experience with this model? The holster is really, really tight. Hard to draw gun from holster. I'm assuming these require some break-in time, but there is no way I would actually wear this outside the house now because if I ever had to draw, I'd be yanking my pants up to my neck.

Any advice on speeding up break in (oils, softening in water, etc)?

For what it's worth, the holster is very well made. I'm pretty impressed. Blackhawk can be hit or miss.

Wrap the weapon in a sock, holster, leave in overnight.

This should work. You can also wet the leather, wrap the gun in a zip lock bag or similar to keep the water off the gun, and insert it in the holster. This will "form" the leather to your gun.

When I first got my Milt Sparks Summer Special II for the 1911, it was tight as hell. I used the zip lock bag method and it was perfect after that. Not too tight, not too loose.

Yep - got a knockoff summer special for my 686 (don't laugh) it was tighter than a nun on a sunday, but after wrapping it in the sock, it was good and loose like...ok Im not going to continue the analogy, but it fit.

This should work. You can also wet the leather, wrap the gun in a zip lock bag or similar to keep the water off the gun, and insert it in the holster. This will "form" the leather to your gun.

When I first got my Milt Sparks Summer Special II for the 1911, it was tight as hell. I used the zip lock bag method and it was perfect after that. Not too tight, not too loose.

Thanks guys...I will try out one of the methods you mentioned. Hopefully she's GTG in a day or two. I like the deep concealment this holster offers, and to my surprise, it's way more comfortable than I thought it would be.

Yep - got a knockoff summer special for my 686 (don't laugh) it was tighter than a nun on a sunday, but after wrapping it in the sock, it was good and loose like...ok Im not going to continue the analogy, but it fit.

[rofl][laugh2]

anyone ever try a baseball glove conditioner, or shaving cream (the gel), wrapping the gun in saran wrap any oils off while its dries, and leaving the gun in the holster over night? not sure if this would work... just thought of it.

Back
Top Bottom