Black Powder...

Ed needs some for next week in Concord. I called Kittery and they were out. None of the places around me carries it either. [rolleyes] If we don't find some soon, Ed'll be spitting at the Brits.

Ed needs some for next week in Concord. I called Kittery and they were out. None of the places around me carries it either. [rolleyes] If we don't find some soon, Ed'll be spitting at the Brits.

I hear ya! It's horrible here...I guess the licensing/insurance/storage requirements are insane. I'm in the process of purchasing a 4.5" 140 pound bronze black powder mortar and don't want to use smokeless. May have to consider a bulk purchase/group buy....

I hear ya! It's horrible here...I guess the licensing/insurance/storage requirements are insane. I'm in the process of purchasing a 4.5" 140 pound bronze black powder mortar and don't want to use smokeless. May have to consider a bulk purchase/group buy....

How cool is that!?!?! [laugh]

He was able to get a flask full from someone at work, but he might wind up having to beg some from a few of the guys.

How cool is that!?!?! [laugh]

He was able to get a flask full from someone at work, but he might wind up having to beg some from a few of the guys.

It's pretty cool...Been making payments on it for a year now. Should have it paid off just in time for the wife to finish Nursing school...Be a nice addition to the party! I hope your hubby has good luck. I know it can be found online and I don't need it in time for his muster in Concord, but maybe one day we can do a group buy?

We usually do one with our CW group, but they didn't do one this year for some reason. I'm sure we could get one going if there's enough folks interested in one. [grin]

Kim's father usually gets his at some place in Plastow I think.

Me, I'm done using real BP. The Hogden Tripple7 is MUCH better. It's less sensitive to moisture, easier to clean, and non corrosive. It has all the attributes of real BP, with a lot less fuss.

Kim's father usually gets his at some place in Plastow I think.

Me, I'm done using real BP. The Hogden Tripple7 is MUCH better. It's less sensitive to moisture, easier to clean, and non corrosive. It has all the attributes of real BP, with a lot less fuss.

I was wondering about that.... a lot of places seem to have those jars of
triple 7. And I bet for effect it still produces a fair amount of smoke as
well.

-Mike

Adam, could you find out where? I called Stateline and Dave's and they don't carry the FFF BP, which is what we need. They carry the modern stuff, but that won't work for us. Thanks. [grin]

I just called and left him a message. Why won't the other work for you? I have fired it several times with no projectile with great results, and it produces just as much smoke as standard BP.

I just called and left him a message. Why won't the other work for you? I have fired it several times with no projectile with great results, and it produces just as much smoke as standard BP.

I haven't tried it hun. I'll call and see if they've got that. Usually we don't get to try it out until we get to the events, and a couple of those times the stuff sucked so we had to beg, borrow and pillage some. [grin] I'm leary about buying something that I don't know anything about. Since you've used it, then maybe I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom