• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Panthers planning 'armed march' in Wilmington

For those that enjoy a history lesson:

That is how gun control in California kicked into high gear. Black Panthers arming up to protect citizens in their neighborhoods from police harassment and beatings.

Huey Newton was aware of the laws at the time and urged everyone to arm up. Rightfully so. Then .gov stepped in and that's why, to this day, there is no open carry of loaded weapons in CA. You can thank Ronald Reagan for that one.

An armed march that is peaceable would make a strong statement for black communities and 2A.

You can't have a gun at a funeral in NC?
You need a permit to buy a handgun?

I was thinking of moving near the research triangle...I am having second thoughts.

as long as the Black Panthers vow to have a peaceful march, i fully support them carrying arms. God knows black people have been the subject of a ton of bad shit back in the day. They have a constitutional right, just as we do too. The constitution is for all Americans.

I would like to see blacks engage President Trump, in a constructive way, to fix the inner city problems (jobs, education, corrupt politicians) that they often fiight. I think they would find a sympathetic ear in President Trump. Trump likes to do projects, and that is what the inner city needs, someone with the balls to actually DO SOMETHING to fix it.

Yup

I was thinking of moving near the research triangle...I am having second thoughts.

You must have missed my response to your post in the other thread... [laugh]

You might want to look a little further south, unless you like higher taxes and having to go get a permission slip from your CLEO every time you want to purchase a handgun.

Google- NC pistol purchase permit- if you're unfamiliar.

Plenty of tech companies here in SC w/ more coming to the state all the time. Nothing but an ID needed to buy guns. No BGC if you have a CWP and the longest hunting season in the country. What tech field are you looking for?

You must have missed my response to your post in the other thread... [laugh]

I didnt miss it. Your response is how I found out about the permits. I read about it after I saw your post.

I am not a handgun person, I have my 4 handguns and I'm happy, I'm a rifle guy, but I still think it's BS, and if you need one for handguns today then what's stopping them from requiring one for rifles tomorrow...

At least they challenged the law, unlike most in Mass. and CT do ..

Stephen Kuebler:
"I'm a Second Amendment advocate, and Black Panthers or no Black Panther we need to be consistent in supporting the Second Amendment. The State should have no power to disarm citizens for simply being in a certain public place. ""
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/01/30/black-panthers-disarmed-nc-courthouse/

The CCW acts as a bypass for the quite obvious, originally raycist, NC purchase permit BS.

There is one upshot to the resident NC CCW.... not sure if it changed, but it was a NICS bypass state. So if you have an NC CCW, you're "washed" at a gun dealer and don't even have to deal with delays, etc.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom