• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Panthers planning 'armed march' in Wilmington

Reptile

NES Member
WILMINGTON -- The Revolutionary Black Panther Party of Wilmington raised concerns among local officials this week when it announced its plans to host an "armed human rights march and armed freedom ride" Sunday in Wilmington.

Mayor Bill Saffo is concerned about attendees possibly being armed, but is confident Sunday's march will pass without incident.

"I don't think there's a reason to come armed to an event. ... If there's an altercation with somebody, in the heat of the moment a tragedy could happen," Saffo said, adding, "If you want to picket or you want to demonstrate in the City of Wilmington, it's your right to do that, but you're not allowed to bring a gun."

According to North Carolina general statue, it is unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at a parade, funeral procession, picket line or demonstration to “willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon.” Jim Varrone, the Wilmington Police Department's assistant chief, explained those laws to organizers, according to a police spokeswoman.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20170125/black-panthers-planning-armed-march-in-wilmington
-----
This should be interesting!

Wilmington is nice but weird. The college nearby is in total contrast to the locals that work the shipyards.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

So you can have your first or second amendment rights, but not both? If anyone carries and gets arrested for it, I hope they win the obvious civil rights suit.

If they are peaceful they have my support, the fact that its civil disobedience rather than doing where its legal
Makes me wonder if they a brave or stupid...
But as far as im concerned a law preventing them from doing it is illegal and to be disregarded.

The biggest issue i see with a public display is there will almost certainly be felons open carrying on camera.

as long as the Black Panthers vow to have a peaceful march, i fully support them carrying arms. God knows black people have been the subject of a ton of bad shit back in the day. They have a constitutional right, just as we do too. The constitution is for all Americans.

I would like to see blacks engage President Trump, in a constructive way, to fix the inner city problems (jobs, education, corrupt politicians) that they often fiight. I think they would find a sympathetic ear in President Trump. Trump likes to do projects, and that is what the inner city needs, someone with the balls to actually DO SOMETHING to fix it.

Last edited:
as long as the Black Panthers vow to have a peaceful march, i fully support them carrying arms. God knows black people have been the subject of a ton of bad shit back in the day. They have a constitutional right, just as we do too. The constitution is for all Americans.

I would like to see blacks engage President Trump, in a constructive way, to fix the inner city problems (jobs, education, corrupt politicians) that they often fiight. I think they would find a sympathetic ear in President Trump. Trump likes to do projects, and that is what the inner city needs, someone with the balls to actually DO SOMETHING to fix it.

This^^^^^^

Wilmington is nice but weird. The college nearby is in total contrast to the locals that work the shipyards.

Went there for the first time in October and really liked it. Would seriously consider moving there.

Since when have they worried about what is legal or not?

As we all know the purpose of gun control is to keep undesirables from gun ownership...in the eyes of our gov we are all undesirable...
Who was it who helped free slaves exercise their 2nd amendment rights?.....ohh ya the evil racist NRA.

To bad the march isn't in Wilmington,Ma., Maura wouldn't know what to do? Would she arrest a bunch of armed black citizens protesting racism? How about we invite them here?

North Carolina has had the no guns at protests law on the books for quite awhile. In fairness, I can see why they might think it's a good idea given just how these liberals like to protest.

If the Black Panthers can keep it peaceful, then I hope they pull off the civil disobedience protest. If not, then we're going to see a bloodbath in the streets of Wilmington. [thinking]

*round of applause*

Too bad they are in violation of North Carolina's weird law. I am otherwise supportive of their right to be armed wherever they see fit. Carrying guns, openly or concealed, makes one neither inherently dangerous nor a criminal--contrary to a recent 4th Circuit ruling.

I hope the organizers are experienced enough to spot agitators inserted into the event by other groups, including the police.

To bad the march isn't in Wilmington,Ma., Maura wouldn't know what to do? Would she arrest a bunch of armed black citizens protesting racism? How about we invite them here?
When I read the post initially its what I thought. I was going to watch the parade for its pure entertainment value. The Wilmington MA residents would have had a stroke.

President Trump has to react correctly to this event, or else. I hope he's on the 2A side.
A white leader, Governor Reagan, reacting to armed black men in Sacramento pretty much launched the modern era of gun prohibition in the US. The white power structure, regardless of political affiliation, is uncomfortable with the idea of black men and women being armed.

Reptile; said:
According to North Carolina general statue, it is unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at a parade, funeral procession, picket line or demonstration to “willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon.” Jim Varrone, the Wilmington Police Department's assistant chief, explained those laws to organizers, according to a police spokeswoman.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20170125/black-panthers-planning-armed-march-in-wilmington
-----
This should be interesting!

Interesting. I wonder what happens when there is a funeral of someone in law enforcement?

Bob

A white leader, Governor Reagan, reacting to armed black men in Sacramento pretty much launched the modern era of gun prohibition in the US. The white power structure, regardless of political affiliation, is uncomfortable with the idea of black men and women being armed.
That was a long time ago and under different circumstances. Those Black Panthers were violent and advocated killing white folks

Another detail in NC law relates to the manner of carry. Open carry is legal. But brandishing is not. The stock photos in the news video shows them raising up the rifles and shotguns, holding them in what could be called a "ready" position or raising it over their heads. Under NC law this is considered going armed to the terror of the public.
Shouldering a rifle in public is legal, except as noted at protests.
It would appear that these people are planning to try and provoke violence. Then say "we told you so" after the fact.
They have been told what the law is. There is no such thing a a "special event" exception in the law.

Somewhere a White Panther is like, hey what about me guys??

attachment.php

Attachments

• 27493128fe84939332f1f2e381f4f4f7.jpg
    27493128fe84939332f1f2e381f4f4f7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 292
Too bad they are in violation of North Carolina's weird law. I am otherwise supportive of their right to be armed wherever they see fit. Carrying guns, openly or concealed, makes one neither inherently dangerous nor a criminal--contrary to a recent 4th Circuit ruling.

I hope the organizers are experienced enough to spot agitators inserted into the event by other groups, including the police.

I wouldn't doubt Bloomie is making calls right now.
Can you imagine the shit show that would result if some numbnuts blending into the crowd cranked off a couple of rounds?

Back
Top Bottom