Black Friday SBR barrel hunt

I'm finally going to E-form1 an SBR. I'm hoping Black Friday/Cyber Monday will bring about a barrel deal from some distant .com paradise. I want a 12.5" in 5.56 Figuring a 1/7 cuz thats what all my other stuff is. Is anyone else looking for a barrel this holiday season? Where are you hoping to score a deal after Thanksgiving? [cheers]

Subscribe to Primary Arms newsletter, they had some deals on sbr uppers earlier this year

Got some nice SBR barrels at Green Mountain Barrels.. the 7.5" is bad azzzz and the 10" 1-7 looks just as good.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m26-10-5-56mm-nato-1-7/

Beauty suggestion! Wonder if they will do a special!? I will be going suppressed with this so 10.5 I think would be the absolute min. I fondled a 12,5 and had the op to compare the feel of the real shorties. Issued a 14.5 but I realy liked the 12".

Keep an eye on PSA for barrels, then. [rofl]

I bought a 10.5 barrel from them that's a great little shooter. I wouldn't recommend anything from their PTAC line, but if the description says CHF or hammer forged it's probably still the barrels FN was making for them. They'll have other manufacturers barrels on sale as well. Not really looking for another SBR upper or barrel myself, since I just got a 10.5 300 AAC from PSA that I haven't played with yet.

I'm hoping for some F marked front sight bases and free float tubes to go on sale. Oh, and a couple of stocks, LPKs, and maybe another bipod, and......

Keep an eye on PSA for barrels, then. [rofl]

I bought a 10.5 barrel from them that's a great little shooter. I wouldn't recommend anything from their PTAC line, but if the description says CHF or hammer forged it's probably still the barrels FN was making for them. They'll have other manufacturers barrels on sale as well. Not really looking for another SBR upper or barrel myself, since I just got a 10.5 300 AAC from PSA that I haven't played with yet.

I'm hoping for some F marked front sight bases and free float tubes to go on sale. Oh, and a couple of stocks, LPKs, and maybe another bipod, and......

So many widgets so little money! Are you [rofl] PSA or recommending? I see the PTAC seems to be the hobby grade stuff I guess? Anyway, I grabbed an upper from them last year and its solid.

Wow. Now thats more like it. Have you any of there stuff?

I have one of their 10.5" 300 Blackout barrels (1:8 twist) in black stainless, plus a muzzle device from them. Also ordered up the gas tube and block for my 300 Blackout rifle build, plus a 12" FF handguard for me and another NES member. Gas tube is the melonite nitride version, and came installed on the gas block so I didn't have to do it (a nice touch).

IME, they ship out within a good time frame. Normally, you'll see your stuff within a week of placing the order. Or at least get a ship notification so you know when it will arrive. If you use the insured shipping, it requires a signature (learned that on an order).

A nice thing about their site is it has live inventory. So if an item shows in stock/available, it will ship out (no 'backorder' after you place the order). They also have a 'blems' section. I know another NES member that ordered a barrel, that had a few marks on it, and he was able to get some $$ back from them since it could have been considered a 'blem'... Didn't impact how it functioned, or anything else. Probably got more marks on it from being installed after that. [laugh]

I'm already planning to get one of their 9.75" FF handguards (shorter version of the one I recently purchased) to install on my DPMS carbine as soon as possible. I'll need to change the gas block on that and remove the drop-in handguard hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the word on Melonite VS Chrome lining? Is there a noticeable difference?

Melonite is 100% treatment that penetrates the metal. Chrome lining is just a lining of the bore. Also melonite hardens the entire item (surface hardening) and offers a slick surface. If I recall properly, melonite gives better wear resistance and barrel life.

I'll go with the melonite treatment every time it's available. I have a BCG that's melonite nitride treated. All the ones I get in the future will be the same. Got that one from AIM Surplus for <$100 delivered. [smile]

Does that melonite bolt make it easier to clean by any chance? I've been thinking of getting one of those Nib bcgs for my primary shooter so I am more apt to clean every shoot. Hate scraping that carrier...

Does that melonite bolt make it easier to clean by any chance? I've been thinking of getting one of those Nib bcgs for my primary shooter so I am more apt to clean every shoot. Hate scraping that carrier...

Yup... Much easier to clean up after. At least compared with traditional black phosphate treated parts. I'm looking to replace the bolt in my DPMS with a melonite nitride bolt soon. I'll toss the original bolt into my spare parts bucket.

Golddiggie, didn't you pick up a MAS Defense barrel at some point? How'd it shoot?

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/115-556-223-1x7-M4-CONTOUR-HARDENED-CHROME-MOLY-BARREL-1157CHDBL.htm

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/115-556-223-1x7-M4-CONTOUR-MELONITE-NITRIDE-BARREL-1157CMNDBL.htm

They had some other SBR barrels too, but those were closest to the OPs requirements.

I have the 10.5" 300 Blackout barrel... Shoots just fine so far. I need to make/get more ammo in order to test it out. Since it's in my AR pistol, I'm not expecting long range from it. Once I can get a Sig brace on it, I'll be doing some accuracy testing with it. MAS has stated (to me at least) that all their barrels are capable of being sub-MOA. That does depend on the rest of the build though. I do have one more upper that I'll be completing at some point. Not sure what it will be, just yet.

the sportsmans guide just sent out an ad with Bergara 300BLK 10 in barrels for 98.00
Of course they will not ship to MA

Back
Top Bottom