• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Friday 2017.....

Is MFS doing their training special this year? I haven't seen anything.

If you are referring to the price cuts for their various training classes, yes. I got the email announcement with prices last night at about 1130 PM.

Also has some firearm and ammo deals as well...

Looks like the usual small ball stuff...Wouldn't expect to see any of the high end "hard to get/afford" stuff in Maura's DPROM to have much if any discounts...

Nonetheless, Happy Hunting...

Snip pics below...

mfs1.JPG mfs2.JPG mfs3.JPG

Mini 14 300 blackout from MFS seems cheap money, $499, could put it in a better stock (Archangel Precision) for another $150. Don't have a 300 BLK. Ruger site says it comes with two magazines, MFS site says just 1.

Any thoughts considering the cost?

Harry

Just hit the Olight website. Very easy to use...

EXCEPT that I was unable to purchase the S1A light. I could not add it to the cart (anything else I chose did load) and I did not see any message such as "Out of stock" or any explanation.

Mini 14 300 blackout from MFS seems cheap money, $499, could put it in a better stock (Archangel Precision) for another $150. Don't have a 300 BLK. Ruger site says it comes with two magazines, MFS site says just 1.

Any thoughts considering the cost?

Harry

That's really around what it *should* cost, IMO. The prices on Minis now days is outrageous. Personally I'd rather have an AR in .300 BLK, but if you like the Mini platform then go for it.

That's really around what it *should* cost, IMO. The prices on Minis now days is outrageous. Personally I'd rather have an AR in .300 BLK, but if you like the Mini platform then go for it.

Agreed and with all the deals on uppers and parts, you could build one for half that too. I pieced mine together for 200 bux

EXCEPT that I was unable to purchase the S1A light. I could not add it to the cart (anything else I chose did load) and I did not see any message such as "Out of stock" or any explanation.

Works fine for me.

Picked up a PL-2

Last edited:

Clear you cache on your browser maybe? I picked up four of these excellent AA lights (S1A) last night (on the OLIGHT site) as Christmas presents. Also got the free AAA penlight, plus another for $7.99, these are great keychain lights. I just checked and I could add the S1A to my cart.

Bula Defense is having some good specials if you're into M14s.

Thanks for the info; I'm not into mini 14 or I'm not, not into mini 14, never shot one, so I'm unbiased. I like the look of traditional wood on rifles and would have preferred a 223 range in wood. However looking around at the current price they sell for, it's not a bad price. I bought one, figured I would play with it and if I don't like it and resell I should get what I paid or lose about $50 on it. Can still build an AR15 300 BLK or AR10 and have both?

harry

Last edited:
Just picked up some blazer 22lr from Dicks in northborough. $40 for 1000 rounds. Never shot it before, but for 4cents a round now is a good time to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Just left Cabela’s in Berlin. Remington UMC 9mm for $0.10/ rnd

Market Basket in the same plaza has no limit on Cabela’s gift cards at 20% off. Then head over to Cabela’s and grab the buckets of Remington umc with the $30 rebate

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.;) I bought three buckets (350 rounds each) using the gift cards I bought at MB. My net was also about 10 cents a round. Hoping Remington doesn't lose my rebate stuff and that the ammo goes BANG every time.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.;) I bought three buckets (350 rounds each) using the gift cards I bought at MB. My net was also about 10 cents a round. Hoping Remington doesn't lose my rebate stuff and that the ammo goes BANG every time.

I tested about 50 rnds today....ALL went bang! :D

Olight is offering some sweet deals if you are in the market for a nice flashlight. 45% off their already reasonable prices on these lights.

https://www.olightstore.com/black-friday

Damn you! there goes $175 bucks. Picked up m23 kit and pl-mini.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171124-180323.png
    Screenshot_20171124-180323.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20171124-180157.png
    Screenshot_20171124-180157.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 22
Olight is offering some sweet deals if you are in the market for a nice flashlight. 45% off their already reasonable prices on these lights.

https://www.olightstore.com/black-friday

This one Olight S1R Baton Turbo S

is $5 more than, and 180 lumens less than this one:

JETBeam BC20-GT USB Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XP-L HI LED - 1080 Lumens - Uses 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123A

Good reminder! They should do a group blast, and a social media blitz this weekend to get people up to speed on this. Could draw in a lot of people.

NEW QUESTION:
I know a while back, Burris had a special where you buy one sight, and you get a "Fast Fire" for free. Anyone know if they are doing this again? Any other smoking deals on red dots or basic 4x scopes? Thanks.

I really like the magnetic charging base on the Baton, significantly more convenient than the micro usb plug on the JETBeam. Well worth $5. I also like the side button switch on an edc light way more than the tailcap switch (which is really better suited for a pure tactical light) and the Baton will tail stand well

Last edited:
You will like the M23. Definitely let us know how the PL-Mini works.
I looked at the site again and decided to see if they can change my order to Olight M3XS-UT Javelot KIT - looks like a nicer unit more deeply discounted. Thousand Meter beam and 1200 lumems

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171124-220141.png
    Screenshot_20171124-220141.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom