Black bear Killed in CT, Shooter charged

This guy appears to have shot it as it went away from him (no self-defense) and perhaps more importantly, he was FIP.

IT was in his garage? I am guessing if he legally owned the pistol he wouldn't have been charged. If I woke up to a bear in my house you can bet your ass i'm shooting it

IT was in his garage? I am guessing if he legally owned the pistol he wouldn't have been charged. If I woke up to a bear in my house you can bet your ass i'm shooting it

Apparently he shot it in his yard so it was already leaving away from the house. YMMV on the accuracy of the news.

so we are gonna throw a guy in prison because he shot a bear that was in a neighborhood and could of potentially harmed someone oh not to mention firearms are protected by the constitution......... your right he is a criminal lock him up and throw away the key

so we are gonna throw a guy in prison because he shot a bear that was in a neighborhood and could of potentially harmed someone oh not to mention firearms are protected by the constitution......... your right he is a criminal lock him up and throw away the key

Shooting the bear was a misdemeanor...it was felony criminal possession of a handgun was the charge that got him in the most trouble.He was arrested and apparently released on his own recognizance and must appear in court on June 4th. Apparently the bear was in the process of moving off of his property.

Sounds like you have been listening to Michael Graham and his "natural truth" rather than looking at the facts. Yeah, I know the 2A means what it says as far as I am concerned, but not to the state of CT. The thing of it is, bears frequently show up in suburban and even urban environments. Since no one was in imminent danger, the man could have called the environmental people and had the bear removed. Taking on any member of the Ursus tribe with a handgun is pretty dicey to begin with. All he would have needed was an enraged , wounded 460 pound bear attacking him. (I realize that black bears tend to be less aggressive than their brown and grizzly cousins). I'd only use a handgun if it was the last resort, and it doesn't sound like it was in this particular case.

This guy appears to have shot it as it went away from him (no self-defense) and perhaps more importantly, he was FIP.

The article says "felony criminal possession of a pistol". I suspect that this is failure to have a CT pistol permit, not a Felon In Possession.

In any case, I wonder what kind of pistol he used to take down a bear.

Back
Top Bottom