• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Arkansas motorist appears to de-escalate at gunpoint

DispositionMatrix

NES Member

Man says Helena-West Helena officer unnecessarily pulled gun during encounter
Truitt said he was afraid and started filming with his cell phone just in case.

"I started rolling because he jumped out with his gun," Truitt said.

He said the officer gave demands, but he didn't want to make even the slightest move.
'He's Trying To Shoot Me': Black Man Says Cop Unnecessarily Pointed Gun At Him
“Shut the car off!” the officer then orders.

Truitt refused.

“My hands are in the air,” Truitt could be heard saying. “I ain’t moving my hands. He trying to shoot me.”
'If I Would Have Complied, I Would Have Got Killed': Man Narrowly Avoids Being Shot By Cop on Facebook Live
When confronted by a man armed with a badge, a gun, the full authority of the state and the immunity bestowed upon the thousands of law enforcement officers who have pumped police-issued bullets into black bodies with impunity, should one obey the words of a pistol-wielding police officer? Should one comply with a cop’s commands, even if they are conflicting, or—at the very least—confusing?

Or, should one just comply with death?

This was the dilemma faced by Edrick Truitt on Sunday night when he was confronted at gunpoint by an Arkansas police officer who seemingly did everything in his power to make sure Truitt recycled the overused hashtag used by deceased compliers like #RekiaBoyd, #PhilandoCastile, #OscarGrant, #BothamJean, #DontaDawson, #Rumain Brisbon, #AmadouDiallo, #JohnCrawford and #JerrySmith.

What was he pulled over for? The guy did the best thing he could have done in that situation. He 100% would have gotten shot if he put his hand back into the car to shut it off. Look at the hate in the cop’s face. He wanted to shoot him so bad.

Maj Toure says Alabama is not a state where you’d have to tell the cop you have a gun unless asked. How did the cop know he had a gun?

For those who don't know: Arkansas is a constitutional carry state. In your car, on or off your body, in public or private, open or concealed: as long as you're not carrying with the intent of unlawfully using the gun as a weapon against another person, you're legal.

Notice his finger in register position that shows good training and discipline in this situation

Cop is a scumbag. Dude was trying to leave when asked to move on. He was boxed in by other cars. You can see in cops body cam he has the white car behind him and in his cell video you get glimpse of the car in front.

This is a straight forward Driving While Black incident. Cop sees black guy in a nice car, then sees gun, automatically thinks his life is in danger.

As a person who is in the field for work 75% of the year, I spend an uncountable number of times loitering in gas station parking lots while I talk on phone or send an email.

This cop didn’t do himself any favors by being a total POS. It’s amazing how his reasoning totally escaped his brain. The guy in the car was smart and I hope the charges get thrown out.

Back
Top Bottom