Bishops Storehouse in Worcester

clampett

NES Member
Does anyone know when their new building will open? They tore their old building down last Sept and their web site says it will take 9-12 months to construct a new one. They set up some satellite distribution centers during the construction, but I think that is only for LDS members. Anyone have any insight?

The new building will be open to patrons next Saturday. The hours are 9-11:30 AM every Saturday.

Can non members just show up and purchase off the rack or is this for group canning sessions like in the past?

I remember that they stopped allowing non church members to use the faculties a while back. I was lucky enough to go on one of the NES trips a while back and stocked up before they changed the rules.

I remember that they stopped allowing non church members to use the faculties a while back. I was lucky enough to go on one of the NES trips a while back and stocked up before they changed the rules.

Ahhh bummer, was hoping the 2 1/2 hour window on Saturdays was for the public

I don't think that is correct. What happened a few years ago, the Federal Government required the LDS canneries to comply with some very strict rules and regulations for all of their cannery operations in their Storehouses.
To comply with these regulation the LDS discontinued their canning operations in all of their storehouses, with the exception of 1 or 2 Large facilities back in Utah. These large canneries supply all of the canned goods to the storehouses.

I don't think that is correct. What happened a few years ago, the Federal Government required the LDS canneries to comply with some very strict rules and regulations for all of their cannery operations in their Storehouses.
To comply with these regulation the LDS discontinued their canning operations in all of their storehouses, with the exception of 1 or 2 Large facilities back in Utah. These large canneries supply all of the canned goods to the storehouses.
Ain't it great how the federal government protects us from ourselves? I mean, there was a veritable epidemic of preparedness emanating from those sinister canneries

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

well that sucks. I'd made a few trips there, and canned a shit ton of beans, dehydrated apples, wheat, etc from 50# bags to the #10 cans.

well that sucks. I'd made a few trips there, and canned a shit ton of beans, dehydrated apples, wheat, etc from 50# bags to the #10 cans.
I was their 2 years ago, after they did away with the canning operation. It wasn't that bad, I purchased cases of #10 cans. The prices were great, a 3.5 lb can of macaroni is $2.75. a 5.5lb can of wheat is $2.75, and they claim the shelf life on their cans of food is 30 years.
You might pay a little more than what you paid the last time you went there, but they did all the work for you, all you do is fill out an order form.

The new building will be open to patrons next Saturday. The hours are 9-11:30 AM every Saturday.

Thanks for the update.

Can non members just show up and purchase off the rack or is this for group canning sessions like in the past?

The last I knew, anyone can go there to purchase goods. You don't have to be a member to do it...unless that changed but I was able to by some stuff not long before they shut down for the construction of the new facility and I'm not a member of the church.
The thing they did stop is people being able to can the stuff there themselves.
Other than that, I'm pretty sure that anyone can just go in and buy items.

I went to the Bishops Storehouse last Saturday. I got there at 9:30, walked in the front door and saw that the left side of the storehouse was very busy. They use the left side of the storehouse for their charity work.

I went up to the counter on the right side of the storehouse and gave the gentleman my order form. I asked him if my quantity's were too much and he said not at all. He started putting items on a cart to fill my order when I noticed that he thought that my numbers listed were in cans. I told him that I wanted to purchase cases, and again asked him if my quantity's were to large. He again said it was no problem. He brought me out back in the warehouse and we started pulling cases off of the racks and putting them on carts, with another gentleman helping us, it took less than 1/2 an hour pick the order and load the 40 cases into my wife's SUV.

Thanks for the update.

The last I knew, anyone can go there to purchase goods. You don't have to be a member to do it...unless that changed but I was able to by some stuff not long before they shut down for the construction of the new facility and I'm not a member of the church.
The thing they did stop is people being able to can the stuff there themselves.
Other than that, I'm pretty sure that anyone can just go in and buy items.

The only reason they stopped allowing canning was.gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/st...839595_10557_3074457345616706370_-1_N_image_0

Bishop’s Storehouse

231 Brooks St., Worcester, MA 01606
View GoogleMap

[email protected]
Phone: (508) 340-4945

Hours of Operation
Order filing: Thursdays & Saturdays 9AM to Noon
Home Storage Center: Thursdays & Saturdays 9AM to Noon

Found this info for guys interested in going there..

Doing the math on some of these items, it's expensive. Did the prices go up?
It sure beats mountain house prices but, beans $45, white rice $40.. $45 for a case of sugar? You can buy 30lbs of sugar at walmart for $11.26. Granted its not canned but a bucket, mylar and O2 absorber is much more economical. Especially if your trying to build up millions of calories for the family.

Last edited:
Those are the on line prices, that includes shipping. I just checked their web site, case of sugar is $28.50, case of white rice is $25.50, black beans $33.
I'm not sure if non church members can place on line orders and have the food shipped to them.

Those are the on line prices, that includes shipping. I just checked their web site, case of sugar is $28.50, case of white rice is $25.50, black beans $33.
I'm not sure if non church members can place on line orders and have the food shipped to them.

Ok Thanks for the info, those numbers sound much more reasonable..
I must have missed the price differences for store vs online.
I did find the list, and i'll load it up on here for others to view.
Im not sure either if non church members can order online, but it wouldn't make sense with higher prices anyway, it would add up real quick if you were interested in buying dozens.
Thanks again Clampett

Product Store Price* Online Price*
Apple Slices $67.50 $67.50
Beans, Black $33.00 $44.30
Beans, Pinto $31.50 $44.75
Beans, Refried $36.00 $45.25
Beans, Great Northern $30.00 $49.75
Berry Drink Mix $42.00 N/A
Carrots $54.00 $69.00
Cocoa Mix, Hot $51.00 N/A
Granola $116.00 N/A
Honey $96.00 N/A