Birthday lunch with the Commandant, 7 living MOH recipients, 2,000 or so Marines, and

TheWookie

Banned
Tito Francona was there today, too.

I went to my fifth, and the 27th annual Boston Semper Fidelis Society birthday luncheon, today in South Boston. They said close to 2,000 Marines showed up, with a few others sprinkled in. I met and got pictures with General Conway, the Commandant of the Marine Corps. There was SEVEN, living Medal of Honor recipients there -- I shook every hand and thanked each and every one of them for their service,, my knees were shaking a bit, I'll be honest with ya. Tito Francona, the manager of the Red Sox was there, and sat at the head table next to the Commandant. Tito's son is a Marine Lieutenant deployed overseas. It was amazing. I got some pictures to share, and some video. The best thing about the video will really be the audio because I used my camera for the video feed. But the Commandant told a few good jokes that you might enjoy if you care to listen. Plus I have the singing of the Marine Corps Hymn, which I'll be blaring and drinking to all night..........

Semper Fi, Marines -- Happy Birthday -- I hope you enjoy. I did!

100_1038.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1063.jpg

General Conway with seven, living Medal of Honor Recipients.
MOH.jpg

Tito Francona next to the Commandant.
100_1047.jpg

MCL National Commandant with some Boston Jarheads....

100_1046.jpg

Back
Top Bottom