• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Birthday home invasion

I've done similar stuff.

I came downstairs one morning in the twilight before dawn and was startled by a helium balloon that had lost just enough buoyancy (is that the right word?) to look like a human head peeking over the back of the couch.

I woke up on my birthday yesterday morning at 3:30 to my wife yelling and my lab running into our room then falling down. I saw a person in the living room. I jumped out of bed grabbed my pistol and ran out into the hallway. I screamed get out at the dark figure at the end of my hallway! I hit the lights and then realized I had drawn on and screamed at my Christmas tree! It was tough to get back to sleep with my heart beating out of my chest. I felt like a real fool. The moral of story is to always make sure you identify and are sure of your target.

I was freaking out thinking someone got into your home and hurt your dog. [sad2]

Glad it was just a Christmas Tree and you are all OK.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Hey give the OP break. The tree has the thingy that goes up and looked threatening. He gave it a good scare and the tree knows it's place now. Got to keep the foliage in line!

The tree was just turning it's life around, racist.

RE: "was just turning it's life around".

I watched the ABC Evening News the other day (I almost never do that - maybe twice a year) - they had a story about that woman who drove down the sidewalk in Las Vegas and killed a woman and injured a bunch of others. One of the things the news anchor idiot said was " she was just turning her life around" - I laughed out loud - and said to the wife " holy crap - it REALLY is that retarded".

She really didn't get what I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom