Bipod

Just picked myself up a brandy new Marlin XT-22 bolt rifle. and now I'd like to pick up a bipod for it, But I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

It has a sling stud, and someone mentioned to me that Bipods can use that to mount on. I'd like one of the "tactical" looking bipods if that helps.

I've heard bad things about barrel mounted bipods, as they decrease accuracy. So my question is What would the great collective at NES reccomend me for a bipod. I'd like to keep it under a C-note. Preferably under 50 if I can.

Let your opinions fly![devil2]

Harris.

Easy to install and comes in various sizes, some being adjustable and some fixed lengths. It depends if you're going to shoot from a bench, prone etc. and your personal measurements, but IMO you can't go wrong with the adjustable.

Last edited:
harris is the bomb, but I got a leapers/ UTG for my 10/22 and my Tikka t3 and it is pretty awesome too... in fact both cost less than the harris...

Walmart cheapor bipod for $39.99 works well (brand as remington). Cheaper than Harris, but not as tough.

Caldwell also make cheaper bipod for about $40.

Sent from my broken iPhone.

Last edited:
It's looking like I'll either snag a caldwell or a Harris depending on the price. What stores around the framingham area stock these, if they even do.

I'd rather go buy one that purchase online. Welcome to the "gotta have it now" generation haha

Thanks for the input everyone. NES never fails!

For Caldwell, Bass Pro should have it in store. I would spend a few dollars more for a swivel one. I have 2. One on a ruger 10/22 and one on a rem 700 in .308. Both bipods hold well.

Sent from my broken iPhone.

I have 2 VersaPods, but I don't recommend them unless you like modifying things. I made 2 modifications to reduce the amount of tilt it will allow and I added a friction lock to the tilt. Now I love them, but I would go with Harris if I had it to do over again.

Harris.

Easy to install and comes in various sizes, some being adjustable and some fixed lengths. It depends if you're going to shoot from a bench, prone etc. and your personal measurements, but IMO you can't go wrong with the adjustable.

Yep, that's the best.... The rest are crap....[wink]

I ended up snagging a caldwell pivot 6"/9" at bass pro shop today. Made all the difference in the world! Thanks a bunch to all of those that responded. I figured If it was anything more than just a 22 plinker, then I would have spent a few more for a harris. For now the caldwell suits my needs very well.

NES comes through once again! [cheers]

I had a ruger 17HMR with a Harris on it and also a Savage FP10 .308. Either way it was an excellent bipod. GG&G are really nice, too. (but likely more expensive).

-Mike

I have 3 Harris bipods, 1 fixed and 2 swivel plus a Caldwell that's a Harris clone.

The Caldwell would be fine for a .22.

Back
Top Bottom