• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bipod w/ sling swivel attachment?

Just bought a rem 700 SPS in 308. I'm looking for a small to medium (4-9"?) bipod with a swivel mount.
Do most come with it?

Anyone have any recommendations for or against any makes?

70fb5d7ccc04c026f08852cd7983c1cc.jpg
and before anyone asks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price? If you want a decent quality just get a Harris.

If you want something actually nice to use, prepare to spend $200-$300:
http://www.rainierarms.com/b-t-atlas-bipod-lever-with-adm-170-s-lever

Question: Is a bipod worth that much money?
Answer: If you don't think so, you probably don't shoot that much from a bipod anywhere but on a range bench and most likely don't need a bipod at all.

Since your rifle is a .308 I suggest a decent quality bipod. If it was a rimfire plinker I'd say get anything. You have the factory sling swivel stud so you're GTG there. For a quality bipod there are a few choices, Atlas, VersaPod and Harris. I recommend the Harris bipod with the leg notches if you shoot from a bench. The leg notches will level the rifle on a level surface and prevent a bipod leg from accidentally collapsing. You can also quickly set the leg length using the notches. The Harris will tighten right up on that sling swivel stud. You can get a Harris in fixed or swivel, with or without leg notches and several different lengths your choice. For the money I couldn't be happier with my Harris.

One thing to look for is spring loaded legs. A buddy of mine had a Harris where the legs collapsed under spring tension, but you had to pull them out. That was a PITA as far as I was concerned.

I think I have this one: http://www.harrisbipods.com/HBRMS.html

With the swivel you don't have to get the legs perfect to be able to shoot level.

To be fair, my bipod has seen very little use - primarily from a table. Maybe it's time to move it to something I shoot more.

P.S. I don't shoot from a bench or even prone very often. If I was going to do it again I'd probably consider sand bags or a range bag full of a sweatshirt.

Back
Top Bottom