• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bipod Questions - AR-15

Well, I'm finally getting around to finishing an ongoing AR build. This rifle will be used primarily off the bench but might do some prone shooting every once in a while.

Build specs for those who care:
AWS Lower
Daniel Defense LPK
Magpul PRS Stock
BCM Upper Reciever
WOA 20" Varmint Barrel 1/7 twist
WOA Free Float Tube

I have decided on a Harris Bi-pod but I'm unsure what model to choose.

I was looking at this one here: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=155546

Will the 6-9" be long enough to run a 30 round mag?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim, I have found that 30 round mags are a "hair too long for the 6" to 9". Instead of getting the longer model, I bought a bunch of 20 round mags. Perfect fit! Get the "swivel" version as well. Hard to find a perfectly level surface.

Tim, I have found that 30 round mags are a "hair too long for the 6" to 9". Instead of getting the longer model, I bought a bunch of 20 round mags. Perfect fit! Get the "swivel" version as well. Hard to find a perfectly level surface.

I thought I read that somewhere. I'll probably opt for the 9-13 then, I already have plenty of 30 rounders.

Thanks,
Tim

This. It gets very uncomfortable shooting 9-13 off the bench. You would be better off getting 20 rounders. Since you are bench shooting, not that many are necessary.

I ended up getting a GG&G bipod because they were having a very good sale. IMO, it's a lot nicer than the Harris and much more expensive once you factor in a picatinny adaptor for the Harris.

I ended up getting the one linked in the OP. I'm happy with it. I also didn't have any issues fitting the 30 round mags.

Here is the rifle:
678.jpg

Back
Top Bottom