Bipod Mounting Location/Muzzle Blast

June4th

NES Member
I want to attach a Harris bipod taken off from a bolt gun on my 16” AR, a stock Noveske I bought from a member. There are rail pieces in the fore-end that I can attach a sling swivel then install the bipod as pictured below:

D7E37569-5A47-44D5-A79E-80AB3CC4882A.jpeg

Will muzzle blast be a problem when those feet are up? Ideal location should be a bit closer to the magwell but those rail panel pieces are supposed to be PIA to remove everywhere I searched: Noveske NSR rail panel removal ? - Calguns.net

Those feet are 8.5” retracted. Even if I get a 6” bipod, it’ll still be in the way.

Last edited:
I suppose but it would be awkward to load the bipod (press the rifle forward to create tension on the bipod). BTW, I just realize I put the bipod up-side down in the picture.
Just mount it. i would assume since your mounting a bipod you plan on shooting prone or from bench ?
How many rounds do you plan to shoot off hand with the bipod up?
FWIW mount it and shoot it or buy a bipod that does not have rubber feet.

If that's a carbine looks pretty uncomfortable to me, basically is being weighted up forward a lot. Optic, magnifier, bipod.

If that's a carbine looks pretty uncomfortable to me, basically is being weighted up forward a lot. Optic, magnifier, bipod.
You're right. I ended up removing all the plastic panel pieces and moved everything backward. I'm trying to change the setup a bit for the scoped carbine class at Ridgeline, and it's a work in progress.

You're right. I ended up removing all the plastic panel pieces and moved everything backward. I'm trying to change the setup a bit for the scoped carbine class at Ridgeline, and it's a work in progress.
Are they allowing bi pods?
you could always grab one of those "bags" i see PRS guys lugging around.

Also a good old fashion GI web sling when used correctly can offer good support. Feels a little awkward on a carbine for , me anyway

Back
Top Bottom