Bipod for AR

Ok so now that my scope is on its way...I wanna order a bipod for this baby. What should I get for this ? Looking to spend around $50 tops .. So Harris is out of the question. Also my AR has standard Car handguards so no rail or sling swivel to mount a bipod to , any suggestions ? ? ? ?

Thanks yet again... Rob

Thats what I was leaning towards..and was curious if it would effect accuracy somehow ? I'll have to look around and see what other options i have for mounting a bipod on this thing .. I wonder if DPMS has any kind of adapter or something to mount one on here without spending a bunch of cash changing handguards and other pieces...

I was thinking a clamp on would be my only viable option for the time being till i can figure something else out

Harris HB-2 should take care of your mounting problem...

http://www.harrisbipods.com/HB2.html

For the bipod, there's a line of Chinese made Harris knock-offs (I don't recall the brand name), that WalMart used to carry (I've seen them at the Kittery Trading Post also).

I've never used or bought one, but the reviews I've read weren't all that bad; in fact, most of them were good given the price of the product. Probably not close to Harris in quality, but not a bad buy if you have a budget in mind.

Cool , thanks . So since Im new to AR's how do I go about getting this on the rifle ? Do the handguards have to come off etc ... They are stock but am hoping to change them eventually.

thanks in advance , Rob

Cool , thanks . So since Im new to AR's how do I go about getting this on the rifle ? Do the handguards have to come off etc ... They are stock but am hoping to change them eventually.

thanks in advance , Rob

Yep, you'll need to remove the handguards and most likely the heat shield as well (depending on what you have).

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

I bought this, for starters. I have a NCSTAR flash light mounted to it. Its plastic but it seems tough enough for 100y range plinking. I might possible get the sling mount bipod?

This is kinda what I had in mind to start with..can you mount this without tearing the rifle apart ?

Oh and P-14 I was actually just looking at that bipod , thats basically what Im looking for .. was hoping to find one that can extend from 9"-13"

You can actually get a basic harris bipod for very close to 50 if you look around the forums.
The problem with cheap bipods is that they tend to break, even from very little use. So pretty soon you end up spending as much as you would have on a quality item.
If you will be doing most of your shooting from the bench, I would recommend a 6-9" bipod. Alternatively, you can just shoot off a pack or some support and keep saving...

You can actually get a basic harris bipod for very close to 50 if you look around the forums.
The problem with cheap bipods is that they tend to break, even from very little use. So pretty soon you end up spending as much as you would have on a quality item.
If you will be doing most of your shooting from the bench, I would recommend a 6-9" bipod. Alternatively, you can just shoot off a pack or some support and keep saving...

Well said. We sell a cheap Harris knockoff at DSG - I seem to remember it's called Rock Mount, but can't remember. I'm trying to block them out, as they are super crappy. A customer had me mount one on his Savage .308 and the mounting clamp broke after 3 rounds...You get what you pay for. Go Harris.

Last edited:
Trust me I hear and agree with you , its not that I dont want a Harris...just on a tight budget and really wanna get a bipod on this . Shooting will be from sitting and standing bench .

If I can find a mount and harris for short money I'll have no problem buying it..just dont have more than $75 I can drop for it all right now..but also dont wanna spend $50 on something I'll put a few rounds thru and be broken [rofl]...decisions decisions

OK... am I the only one... when I read the Title to this thread I thought it said:

"Blood for AR"

I was thinking someone was really desperate!

[grin]

OK... am I the only one... when I read the Title to this thread I thought it said:

"Blood for AR"

I was thinking someone was really desperate!

[grin]

[rofl] you know that you mention it ... it does look that way if you look fast. Im not that desperate...got the rifle just need a bipod on it [wink]

Back
Top Bottom