Bipod choice

I'm tired of playing with rests and sandbags when shooting from a bench. I want to add a bipod to my Colt 6920. It has a Daniel Defense Omega Rail and I know that I want to use the LaRue Tactical mount. My question is: Is the Atlas bipod worth about $60 more than the Harris? I've had Harris bipods before but have never even handled an Atlas. On-line research is about 50-50 for each. Anyone care to add an opinion?

Chris

I went with an Atlas. I've honestly never used a Harris bipod though, but my Atlas feels seriously bomb proof and does everything I need it to.

I was on the fence until I saw this video. I'd like to think the Atlas is worth the extra caah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlas all day long and twice on Sundays. There just ain't nothin'like it. Not trolling Harris fan's but the Atlas is on another level and for the money it oughta be.

I would recommend the pic rail QD mount and you can use it on other rifles with rails.

+6 for the Atlas. Buy once cry once, and you can quickly swap to other rifles with Picatinny so you only need 1 bipod.

I own a Harris and have seen and used a Atlas, my next bi-pod will be an Atlas. I like the Harris but the Atlas is better IMO.

The Atlas with Larue tactical mount arrived today. It's already installed on my 6920 (five minutes). Definitely worth the extra money based on construction and design. Going to shoot with it on Sunday and will post a report with pictures. Thank you NES for the input on this choice.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom