• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biometric Safe Recommendation

Looking for recommendations for a biometric safe to hold multiple (3-4) handguns and mags. I live in a relatively safe location so I’m not worried about sub-second access, but I don’t want it to be slow either.

(Please don’t comment to skip biometrics, I know and understand the limitations.)

And fwiw, I have a smaller size as well. Both have been fast and reliable. The model I posted above has a floor and two shelves that hold two carry guns and a bed side gun.

Scan as many fingerprints as you can at all angles so it can match when you are trying to open it from an awkward angle.

Skip Biometrics, you need to know and understand the limitations.
no really, I don't own one because of what I learned here.
YMMV

i do own one because I did not learn here. Had it for a while~15 years. I keep changing the batteries every year. Not the safe to have if you need to open it consistently on the first try. Usually after 2 or 3 we are good. Just cannot go to fast.

With all the times my iphone and my computer biometric scanner has failed me I'm quite happy to have and trust a simplex style lock.

Love hearing from all the boomers how modern technology is so failure prone. Did you ever consider that the tech is not to blame, the operator is?

Mine is opened daily. Without fail. Batteries have been changed once. Different operator perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom