• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biometric padlock from Sharper Image

What's the main purpose of the lock in your opinion? Is it to prevent theft or to comply with locking/storage requirements?

How much are you depending on quick, easy and reliable access?

I would never trust my life to a biometric sharper image padliock.

Check out the videos by Bosnian Bill and The Lock Picking Lawyer.
Lots of reviews and instructions how to defeat for this type of lock, the general consensus is they're junk.
I sub to both of those Chanel’s and every lock seems to be junk with the expertise of those two.

What's the main purpose of the lock in your opinion? Is it to prevent theft or to comply with locking/storage requirements?

How much are you depending on quick, easy and reliable access?

I would never trust my life to a biometric sharper image padliock.

This right here is a good question to ask oneself. I wouldn't trust a biometric Shaper Image padlock either if it was to actually keep something safe. However, if it's just compliance jewelry, I'd think about it. It would be convenient for fast removal without having o put yet another key on the key ring. I'd then question how well the finger print reader works. That being said, a punch button padlock wouldn't be all that much more difficult to use and would get around having another battery device.

The lock you need really depends on its purpose... so figure that out first.

For me personally, with regards to locks on cases... my primary purpose isn't about theft. It's a case after all, so unless its bolted down, it's hard to use a padlock to prevent theft. My primary use is for compliance with the law. So a cheap TSA/luggage lock works for me.

Hey, thx for all the responses! it's certainly more for compliance/ease of use if I do travel w/ it. If somebody wants to get in it, they will. I like the idea of a punch button padlock, I will have to check that out.

Back
Top Bottom