• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Binos at the range

I once tried the cardio method to sight in: shoot at 200, run 150 and glass w binos, walk back and repeat.

My gun must have been heating up, because my groups kept opening up.
It’s interesting and even funny sometimes trying to shoot after running. A few times our unit made us run to the range in formation w/full kit and rifle to conduct our quals. Arrive, immediately get assigned a concrete hole and stand by to stand by for targets. lol smh

I will say though, image stabilization in optics is amazingly effective and I wish it were more common. I can see details with my image stabilized 7x range finder that I can’t see with stronger magnification non-stabilized binoculars.
3ex0l2.gif

Depends on the quality of the glass, stability of the optic, atmospheric conditions, mirage, etc.

At CMP matches, I usually need the 60x max of my spotting scope and it’s still difficult sometimes at 300.

I will say though, image stabilization in optics is amazingly effective and I wish it were more common. I can see details with my image stabilized 7x range finder that I can’t see with stronger magnification non-stabilized binoculars.
thats probably what I need , i get seasick looking through Binoculars.

thats probably what I need , i get seasick looking through Binoculars.
I think you’ll wonder how you got by without it after you try them. I’m trying to justify getting a pair of Canon IS binoculars, but it’s not in the cards right now.

I think you’ll wonder how you got by without it after you try them. I’m trying to justify getting a pair of Canon IS binoculars, but it’s not in the cards right now.
I would need a lottery win to indulge in anymore stuff I really dont need

After a bunch of reading I settled on the Kowa tsn 884. Stepping up to to a pure fluorite objective lens was not inexpensive but since this will also be hooked up to my wife's camera, it seemed to be a worthwhile decision. Not the smallest by any means for hauling around in the mountains but I think it will be fine. And for range duty, I better see the head of a pin at 600 :)

After a bunch of reading I settled on the Kowa tsn 884. Stepping up to to a pure fluorite objective lens was not inexpensive but since this will also be hooked up to my wife's camera, it seemed to be a worthwhile decision. Not the smallest by any means for hauling around in the mountains but I think it will be fine. And for range duty, I better see the head of a pin at 600 :)

Prepare to be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom