• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Billerica teen dies after being shot with pellet gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a matter of time before they start trying to restrict air rifles.

Several people have been killed in recent years because they treat modern, high powered air rifles like the old school pump BB guns.

I have a .177 that's pretty vicious (i small game hunt with it, adds to the challenge), and my buddy's .22 is considerably more powerful. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be shot with either one.

Confusing an air rifle with a regular old air soft gun is a very dumb mistake. You have to treat even airsoft properly with the proper protective gear.

Regardless of the lapse in judgement its a tragedy that could have been avoided..RIP

It's only a matter of time before they start trying to restrict air rifles.

Several people have been killed in recent years because they treat modern, high powered air rifles like the old school pump BB guns.

I have a .177 that's pretty vicious (i small game hunt with it, adds to the challenge), and my buddy's .22 is considerably more powerful. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be shot with either one.

pre 98 I believe you had to have a FID for an air rifle. at 15 i had to go to court for possession of a firearm because I was in a car with 2 retards that shot out a few windows before they picked me up.

Sounds like they were playing BB gun wars. Idiots.

I wouldn't call them idiots. I'd call them kids and they are not doing anything we as kids didn't do. We had BB gun wars all the time when I was a kid. Though the bb guns we used never really broke the skin. They'd hurt like hell and I guess we were lucky nobody "shot their eye out". BB/Pellet guns seem to be a lot more powerful today though.

We had rules, no hits above the waist. old school

Our rules were you could wear a sweatshirt, use bbs only, and all shots in the torso. You'd go pump for pump, starting at 1 pump and stopping when one person quit. I never played myself.

Yep paintball guns cranked up to 400 fps too and Roman candle fights. Ahh the good old days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom