• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bill would make brass knuckles, other street-fighting weapons legal in NH.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Also, I saw a dude walking around with brass knuckles on in Rite Aid last winter. Just shopping. Cashed out, and went about his day. No one was hurt.

When I can once agin carry a can of Whoop-Ass in NH without fear of government castigation, I shall feel free at last. They have those handy pull-tab tops now, which are much quicker than using a can opener. But what about throwing stars? They’re not just for drug dealers you know…

D778A16C-9B7A-401B-9AC5-695456456DD6.jpeg

I don’t understand why they would be illegal in the first place?

Mostly non lethal and can be used as an escalation of gorse in a self defense situation.

Perp doesn’t get dead, but gets a lesson and a few scars.

I don’t understand why they would be illegal in the first place?
Mostly non lethal and can be used as an escalation of gorse in a self defense situation.
Perp doesn’t get dead, but gets a lesson and a few scars.
They got caught up in the same sort of moral panic that lead to switchblade bans.

That said, brass knuckles in particular I would move from "Mostly non lethal" to "less lethal".

I admit I got kind of excited about knuckles no longer being prohibited. Then I remember why I don't have any:
It was my junior year in high school and I had a brass knuckles paperweight. I carried them in my jean jacket pocket, they offset the weight of my walkman. I felt like a badass. Then one day a kid picked a fight with me. My friends said I spent half the fight with my right hand in my pocket - I couldn't get the damn things out! I gave up and fought regular and kicked his ass, but I still had a split lip since I couldn't block too well with one hand.
That got me thinking about them more. They're probably just as difficult to put on defensively now as they were 35 years ago.

I'll stick to my 2 ounce monkey fist or 8 oz sap. Once these items aren't prohibited, I mean.

Looks like the Senate voted Inexpedient to Legislate.

I love that my 11 year old son and I can CCW a pistol and switchblade together legally, but suddenly we're criminals if we have a small club.

So far just the judiciary committee's rec of 4-1 ITL. I wonder who the 1 was.

Floors on the 11th and will get killed then probably.

Of course the cops oppose it. Granted, it was a NHSP trooper that brought this bill to my attention saying it was a good thing.
Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom