1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Bill Wightman

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Admin, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick

Dick

So what's Bill's job title? Manager, Dept. of Sales Prevention?

I can't in all honesty say that I'd boycott a business just because they happen to continue advertising on WTKK, but I sure will boycott one that has asshats like Bill employed in positions of responsibility.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dick

Dick

Hope that Reeds Ferry shed works out real well for you. 'Cause if it doesn't you'll likely have to deal with good old Bill to get the problem resolved.

3. richc

richc NES Member

Had a car sales person write me a flame one time. The guy was a complete asshat as well. Guy treated us like we were stupid...

I found out the name of the president and forwarded the email to that person so they would see the engaging words of one of their fine sales representatives.

FYI if you have the email address of the sales person, generally you can use that as a template for the email address of anyone else at the organization. So if the saleperson's email is [email protected], once you know the name of the president you just follow the same pattern. That has worked for me lots of times.

FYI I think you'd be doing the owner of that business a favor. He/she should know how this guy's communications are adversely impacting his/her company.

Good luck,

Rich

4. Gonzo

Gonzo

Wow. This guy just said what every guy who deals with customers wants to say.

I love it.

5. Lynne

Lynne

Well...I'm one of those "right wing nut job" folks who emailed them telling them that I was planning on looking at their sheds (and I honestly, really was as ours is needing too much TLC to worry about). I've also been a self employed business owner, and after reading that email that Robert got, they can DEFINATELY kiss my butt bye bye. Talk about committing fiscal suicide.

By the way - if I get a reply, I'll be sure to post it here.

6. Big Daddy 45acp

Big Daddy 45acp Instructor

I'll come down one weekend and we can build a STEEL shed that can withstand an earthquake, blizzard or small tactical nuke!

7. terraformer

terraformer NES Member

I agree it was hilarious if you are going to send it to your PR for a pick me up as he is wading through the email complaints. But to send it to a customer, he is an idiot.

All I have to say is Reeds who? If I am going to get a shed, it will be built one up from scratch.

8. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

The 'imaginary shed' thing WAS pretty funny but -

Let's assume 300 emails. That's a reasonable amount and quite possibly too low.

If you figure that maybe 1 in 10 people who wrote were serious about looking at sheds that's 30 serious customers

Figure that 30% of the lookers actually buy (again, I suspect that number is low) that yields 9 lost sales.

Those sheds ain't cheap, that's a real negative impact on the business.

9. bdutton

bdutton

I've forwarded the contact info for the advertisers as well as the reeds ferry response to a couple of email groups which probably have about another 200-300 members.

I'd like to see how fast we can get Jay back on the air. :)

10. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

The sad part is the guy just came off like a total ass. He could have said effectively the same thing without sounding like a complete jerkward- eg "I understand your concerns, but blah blah blah.... " Yeah, we probably wouldn't have liked that answer either, but at least we would understand where they're coming from. Instead, this guy just treats potential customers like a complete jerk.

-Mike

11. glide

glide

The shed business must be pretty good in order to have that level of customer appreciation...I would never buy anything from someone with such a pompous attitude.

12. kiver

kiver

Bill SUX

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  13. Bugs100

Bugs100

I had www.millstores.com put up a massive shed for me 2 years ago and couldn't have been happier with the way they treated me.

Two different sets of double doors, 2 large windows, roof rafters to store stuff on, hip roof, 10 wide x 20 ft long and they gave me free ramps that they had to build on the site. Two guys showed up at 8am as promised and had it finished by 12pm.

I don't remember the exact price but it was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

14. natf

natf NES Member

I'm sure Reeds Ferry Lumber in Merrimack is not related to Reeds Ferry Sheds. Reeds Ferry Lumber is listed as a dealer for Post Woodworking Sheds in fact. And I have to agree that Reeds Ferry Lumber is a great store. Every time I've visited their store (often since I live within a mile and a half) they have been very friendly and gone out of their way to get me what I need. I much prefer them to the big box stores.

-Nat

15. bdutton

bdutton

I tried sending an email to WTTK via the contact form but it keeps throwing an error message.[angry2]

16. gjones77

gjones77

I myself am waiting to see if and when a rep from the shed company comes on here and tries to halfheartedly apologize.

Should be fun...

17. pj150

pj150

Wow, I don't really care who Jay Severin is but the response from Reeds is not acceptable.

I don't know how 'imaginary' the other poster's claim in buying a shed was but mine isn't. I am in the process of deciding whether or not to go with Reeds, another shed company 'Skips' that is local or tackle this as a project of my own. I do listen to WBZ1030 and they advertised there.

After reading what was posted, I'm definitely not going to patronize someone who is so condescending. I think no response would had been better than those remarks.

18. jrbtzx12r

jrbtzx12r

The President of Reeds Ferry Sheds is Harry Carleton. You'd probably have to call or write (USPS) if you wanted to get in touch with him though.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  19. bdutton

bdutton

20. Lynne

Lynne

Michael can't say anything about Reeds - they help to pay his pay check. Although I do think he'd enjoy reading the thread. [smile]

21. bdutton

bdutton

He probably can contact Jay personally.

22. freedom2012

freedom2012

Left the Communistwealth for Live Free or Die!
    Just a thought here. As this picks up steam and I see the story is on Drudge already, it may behoove WTKK to bring him back and capitalize on increased ratings for Jay due to all of this Publicity.

23. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad NES Member

A man has the right to speak his piece, and must bear the responsibility of his business being torpedoed if his piece alienates customers, real and potential.

I don't need a shed, already have one. If it blows away in a storm, I know one place I will not consider for a replacement.

24. lord1234

lord1234

something something imus and nappy headed hoes something something.

25. Carguy

Carguy

What a douche this guy and the company that continues to employ him are! Obviously he felt his comments were anonymous or he wouldn't have posted them or maybe he is as described just a big douche. [smile] Anyone speaking or writing like that to a concerned customer would be fired from my company.

I am a strong supporter of Mr. Severence and will not support any sponsor that infringes his or anyone else's right to speak their mind. No I wasn't about to buy a shed so I'm not a "nut bag buying an imaginary shed". But I am a local consumer and part of several of these forums that have hundreds of thousands of readers and I will do everything I can to perpetuate this "boycott" of Reeds Ferry products.

26. bdutton

bdutton

Freudian slip? [smile]

27. Navy Moose

Navy Moose

That is a relief. I'm glad it is not the same entity [smile]

28. yanici

yanici NES Member

Hmm...Just crossed them off our list of vendors. Too bad because my son was about to buy one. Reed's Ferry customer service probably sucks as bad as their attitude. The two generally go hand-in-hand. F' em!!

29. rcinma

rcinma

You mean there is a reason not to order Dominos other than it tastes like shit and there are dozens of better places I can find locally?

The guy speaking for Reeds Ferry is obviously an idiot, he would have been better off not replying at all.

But come on, the guy sells friggin sheds for a living, this isn't exactly rocket science.

30. JRyan

JRyan

If I ever need to buy a shed, I'll get one elsewhere. These are the type of things people remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.