Bill Springfield trigger work

DrRansom

Instructor
Have any of you had pistol trigger work done by this individual?

http://www.triggerwork.net/

I'm considering looking for something of this nature. Does anyone have reviews, experiences? Is there anyone local who will reputably do this for comparable cost?

Also, what are the shipping regulations for just a pistol lower frame, since there's no transfer involved? Recommendations here?

Thanks!!

1) what kind of pistol?

2) Where are you located? There are gunsmiths in MA who might be able to do that work and you might be able to avoid the substantial cost of shipping.

3) If he is doing a trigger job, you'll need to send the entire pistol so that he can test it, not just the frame. Doesn't matter legally -- the frame itself is considered a pistol. You can not send a pistol via the US Post Office. You'll need to send it via common carrier (FedEx or UPS). Both FedEx and UPS have policies that require you to ship it overnight. I just sent a revolver to a gunsmith in Iowa for a trigger job, and roundtrip shipping is costing me $90.

4) If you know a friendly FFL, he may be willing to ship the gun to the gunsmith at lower cost, since he doesn't have to use overnight.

5) I have no experience with that gunsmith nor have I heard about him. That doesn't mean he isn't good, of course.

1) what kind of pistol?

I recently acquired a M9, I love it but would like the double-action pull shortened a bit.

2) Where are you located? There are gunsmiths in MA who might be able to do that work and you might be able to avoid the substantial cost of shipping.

Milford, Mass.

3) If he is doing a trigger job, you'll need to send the entire pistol so that he can test it, not just the frame. Doesn't matter legally -- the frame itself is considered a pistol. You can not send a pistol via the US Post Office. You'll need to send it via common carrier (FedEx or UPS). Both FedEx and UPS have policies that require you to ship it overnight. I just sent a revolver to a gunsmith in Iowa for a trigger job, and roundtrip shipping is costing me $90.

Blech. Figured as much.

4) If you know a friendly FFL, he may be willing to ship the gun to the gunsmith at lower cost, since he doesn't have to use overnight.

5) I have no experience with that gunsmith nor have I heard about him. That doesn't mean he isn't good, of course.

I guess I could certainly start putting some feelers out.

A lot of the guys on another forum I frequent have had trigger work done by him. Never heard a negative review, and quick turn around times. He seems to be GTG.

ETA: And from what I understand his work is a great alternative to buying an expensive match trigger.

I've had Bill do trigger work on three guns so far: AR-15, Rem 870, Sig Mosquito. He is prompt, reasonably priced, and does great work. On my AR, he only needed the trigger, hammer, disconnector and springs; on my 870, he only needed the trigger pack; on the Mosquito, he only needed the lower frame (minus slide). I am exceptionally happy with all his work, and he turned the 870 around same-day. Catch that? He received it on Mar 10 and it shipped out Mar 10. Great service. Check out his website for what he can do and what he needs to do it.

He's going to get another AR and my GSG-5, as well.

Try replacing your mainspring with the one from Beretta 92D (double-action only model). It takes 5 minutes and substantially improves the trigger pull.

Thanks to all for the advice. I think I'll try the 92D mainspring quick and easy, and if that don't give it what for, maybe I'll give this Springfield fella a try and report back for the good of the order. Cheers.

FWIW, I had two trigger jobs done by Bill just within the month of March, with the last one coming back to me last week. I'm very happy with both.

Back
Top Bottom