Bill of sale of lowers

ricca73

NES Member
Help! I purchased some lowers prior to the Healy ban, but unfortunately never got any bill off sales from seller. I purchased a couple on group buys here on NES a year or so prior to ban, and some the night prior to ban went into affect on another group buy “get them now sale”. Any advice on how to prove date of purchase since seller has not been any help with getting me copies of bill of sales form his records ..or are they just paper weights for me desk now .

Can you pull your credit card receipts, if you used one? Factor in sales tax, and divide by quantity purchased and you should be close to the price per lower. If your dates line up, then there you go.

The easier route would be to reach out to the vendor and see if they can provide you a receipt. Some can, some can’t, it depends on what their record retention practices do. I don’t know if there’s a guideline or requirement for firearms transactions.

what difference does it make
none of this is written in the MGL
if you're needing to prove the date of lower sale then your problems and legal fees will be far larger than this
build up your rifles and enjoy

I have a copy of the letter form the AG’s office as I’m sure others have seen ,saying purchased before her bullshit is fine .. I’m just trying to stay as legal as I can in this hard to be legal state

Help! I purchased some lowers prior to the Healy ban, but unfortunately never got any bill off sales from seller. I purchased a couple on group buys here on NES a year or so prior to ban, and some the night prior to ban went into affect on another group buy “get them now sale”. Any advice on how to prove date of purchase since seller has not been any help with getting me copies of bill of sales form his records ..or are they just paper weights for me desk now .

They're not paper weights, make guns out of them.

-Mike

What about registering , any red flags ??

IANAL, but no. Follow the law as it is written in MGL regarding so-called 'assault weapon' evil features etc., not an Op-Ed opinion piece printed on bird cage liner.

Yes, there was pandemonium prior to the strike of midnight on 7/19. The source of that was the combination of panicking buyers and FFL's who didn't know what was coming next after Heil Healy's 'announcement' in a newspaper. Nothing came next.

Is the owner required to prove when they purchased them, or is the onus on the AG to prove they were purchased after her BS ban?

All crimes are made of "criteria" called elements. The district attorneys are the ones required to prove all the elements of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Generally, you aren't required to prove anything.

Dave

All crimes are made of "criteria" called elements. The district attorneys are the ones required to prove all the elements of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Generally, you aren't required to prove anything.

Dave
In the old days you where innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:
Is the owner required to prove when they purchased them, or is the onus on the AG to prove they were purchased after her BS ban?
In the old days you where innocent until proven guilty.
This! Per MGL the onus is on the DA. In reality the way it really works is that they charge, let you hang out to dry for a year or two prior to a trial and then it is up to your lawyer to prove that the charges are BS.

If you are that twisted up, build it as a .22 AR, FA10 it, and then swap the upper to the caliber of your choice.

Or ignore Healey and follow the written law
Best advice.

Back
Top Bottom