BILL KILLED 3/5/20 NH-SB469 "An Act relative to shooting ranges" (2020 Sen. Jeanne Dietsch range protection repeal bill)

The bill is on the Senate floor this week. We should know the final outcome by 3/6

The SOLE reason this bill died a 24-0 death was a huge number of gun owners got involved in fighting this bill.

We need more people with boots on the ground at these hearings. Writing letters helps, but seeing an upset group of people waiting to testify makes legislators nervous about their re-election campaign.

PS. The other gun bill on the Senate floor was SN719, 'go to jail for losing a firearm' AKA relative to lost or stolen firearms also was killed today.

Awesome!!! I saw that in a communique I received a day ago from GOA (it might've been NHFC too). I've been getting so many the past year that it's hard to keep them all straight...but don't stop sending them out. I do read them and take action.

Woot! We should charge these commies for wasting time with such nonsense!

Awesome news! I was looking up info on Denise Ricciardi after you posted that and a picture of Dietsch came up. She even looks like the stereotypical anti-gun "justice warrior" I'd have expected. No surprise, she went to Harvard.

Even the sponsor voted against her own bill.

This is how we win.

But, don't take this victory in a vacuum. There are many dangerous bills still in play. Stay vigilant!
Ok let me ask this, she voted against a bill she sponsored but was the bill her dream or dream if someone she represents?
What im getting at is someone you represents want action out if you do you just tell then to fly a kite or do your job. Im not very clear on who dreams up the bills and how they get to a vote.
She might have sponsored the bill while even telling the “writer” if the bill I wont vote for it?

Demanding Moms endorsed Jeanne Dietsch (D), but she lost to Denise Ricciardi (R) in part because of Dietsch's record of sponsoring anti-gun bills
Ok let me ask this, she voted against a bill she sponsored but was the bill her dream or dream if someone she represents?
What im getting at is someone you represents want action out if you do you just tell then to fly a kite or do your job. Im not very clear on who dreams up the bills and how they get to a vote.
She might have sponsored the bill while even telling the “writer” if the bill I wont vote for it?
Every legislative service request (LSR) must have a sponsor, so even "community sourced" proposals need an advocate to drive them.

In the US Senate, a Member may insert the words ‘‘by request’’ after the Member’s name to indicate that the introduction of the measure is at the suggestion of some other person or group -- I see a similar phrasing in the NH house record, but only when a bill was requested by a part of the state government, not a constituent or advocacy group.

Back
Top Bottom