Bill H.2095 An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole

While all of these bills are bad I’m slightly more concerned with H.2092 universal background checks. If this passes then I’m not sure how people will be able to sell their non-compliant handguns? Though I have to wonder if they’ll get rid of the personal transfer option on the portal....

Probably should start a new thread if there’s not already one.

Well let's not forget H.2096 "An Act relative to 3D printed weapons and “ghost guns”."
(a) No individual shall complete the manufacture or assembly of a weapon without (1) obtaining a unique serial number or other mark of identification from the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services pursuant to Section 123 of Chapter 140 and (2) engraving upon or permanently affixing to the firearm such serial number or other mark in a manner that conforms with the requirements imposed on licensed importers and licensed manufacturers of firearms pursuant to 18 USC 923(i), as amended from time to time, and any regulation adopted thereunder within.

Massachusetts residents please take a number and wait your turn for ...

🐯

So according to the text, even if you have registered your standard capacity mags, and have them in your home or at the shooting range, they can only be loaded with 10 rounds, or you are in violation of the law, and subject to the same penalty as if you had never registered in the first place?

Last paragraph:

"...Any person who declared possession of a large capacity feeding device under this section may possess the large capacity feeding device only under the following conditions: (1) at that person’s residence; (2) while on the premises of a target range of a public or private club or organizations organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets; (3) while on a target range that holds a regulatory or business license for the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range; (4) while on the premises of a licensed shooting club; and (5) while transporting the large capacity feeding device between any of the places set forth in this paragraph, or to any licensed gun dealer, provided that such large capacity feeding device contains not more than 10 bullets.

A violation of the terms of any provision of this section shall constitute a violation of the sale, transfer, or possession requirements of the first paragraph of this section."

So in other words, even if you obey the registration demand, they still have the ability to punish you for loading standard capacity mags to standard capacity. And the only people who WON'T be deterred by this are the criminals and lunatics the law is designed (theoretically at least) to somehow stop.

And therefore the only thing this legislation is intended to do is to disarm honest law-abiding citizen.

Last edited:
People sell their guns? Really I have traded up and traded sideways a few times, to try different firearms but I actually never thought about outright selling anything. On the other hand one of my Xwives thought it would be a great idea to sell all but 1 or 2 and take the money for a vacation, Notice that there is an X before her name ? Some items are investments and some investments aren't about money there's a larger overall picture involved.

So according to the text, even if you have registered your standard capacity mags, and have them in your home or at the shooting range, they can only be loaded with 10 rounds, or you are in violation of the law, and subject to the same penalty as if you had never registered in the first place?

Last paragraph:

"...... (5) while transporting the large capacity feeding device between any of the places set forth in this paragraph, or to any licensed gun dealer, provided that such large capacity feeding device contains not more than 10 bullets.

..."

So in other words, even if you obey the registration demand, they still have the ability to punish you for loading standard capacity mags to standard capacity. And the only people who WON'T be deterred by this are the criminals and lunatics the law is designed (theoretically at least) to somehow stop.

And therefore the only thing this legislation is intended to do is to disarm honest law-abiding citizen.

They’re saying that the mags can only be loaded up to 10 rounds, during transport. Still complete and utter BS.

They’re saying that the mags can only be loaded up to 10 rounds, during transport. Still complete and utter BS.

No--the text reads: A person who has declared mags can have them 1/2/3/4/5 PROVIDED that the mags are only loaded with ten rounds.

You are allowed to possess a registered mag in the following circumstances (in your home/at a shooting range/etc.) PROVIDED that the mags are not loaded to full capacity.

IF the mags are loaded to full capacity, this clause takes effect: A violation of the terms of any provision of this section shall constitute a violation of the sale, transfer, or possession requirements of the first paragraph of this section.

Nothing is "Grandfathered" by registration.

If this law passes it will be unlawful to have a magazine/any magazine which is loaded with more than 10 rounds.

ETA: So where exactly do people get good intelligent analysis of the real threats which face MA gunowners (read: a serious analysis of the realities).

Don't say GOAL, please--because I'll laugh. GOAL seems to specialize in literal translation, not analysis and communication.

Last edited:
I would be very interesting if GOAL has any comments on this bill.

2/28/2020 per GOAL Friday News
Public Safety Committee Releases Anti-Civil Rights Bills Favorably

February 5th was the deadline for Joint Committees in the State House to move bills. We just learned today that the Joint Committee on Public Safety released five bills that could spell trouble for lawful gun owners in the Bay State. The following list of bills were released favorably and sent to the House Committee on Ways and Means:

H.2091 An Act requiring live fire practice for a firearms license

H.2092 An Act relative to universal background checks for private gun sales

H2095 An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole

H2096 An Act relative to 3D printed weapons and “ghost guns”

H2045 An Act relative to Crime Gun Data Reporting and Analysis

This represents the largest number of anti-civil rights bills released by that Committee in a very long time. The current legislative session ends on July 31st of this year. The next few months could bring a battle for the very survival of the Second Amendment in Massachusetts. Very shortly GOAL will provide summaries and talking points about these bills.

🐯

There was a very definite change in the gun control community after the bump stocks were required to be turned in. It emboldened them and the gun grabbers have really stepped up their attacks.

Bob

It was a huge win. And they have been winning with the "common sense" approach. Add to the fact what we'd consider (or hope) to be the pro 2A side of our .gov failed to stop the bump stock ban as it wasnt exactly done legally for a lack of a better term.

I know a LOT of people who proudly own guns and have all sorts of retarded things they support gun control wise. From magazines to licenses to AWB to class III, you F'ing name it they have a retarded opinion on it. These same people have zero problem with NH and ME having no licenses but support MA's system. Riddle me that.

This is the mentality that is starting to be a real problem. The cards have already been shown, the end game is no guns. The people running that show are very smart. And I'll give them credit. The people in the middle (the useful idiots) are the real problem. They are so short sighted that they can't even see whats going on. One year you can't buy this rifle anymore, but it's grandfathered. The next year all those grandfathered things are now illegal. The next year you can't have this gun for reasons, the next year that guns gone. thats the play book and they arent even hiding it. Same with magazines. 10 was the safe number for antis for a while. Until (i think) NY decided on 7. Now 7 is the hot ticket. And we all know whats coming next.

We're in a real bad position. The courts don't want to touch it since no judge wants to blow away things like the AWB or NFA because as soon as a single person is killed with a weapon in that category that judge will be crucified. So they just dance around it. SCOTUS is even worse, they only take the real useless 2A cases and then write the ruling vague.

I havent been this pessimistic on 2A rights for a while. I was really feeling confident up until SCOTUS started dodging cases that need answers.

2/28/2020 per GOAL Friday News

🐯

OK. There is the answer--there is a Bloombergian full-court press for gun control going on now, and apparently things are in motion here in MA as well.

I guess everybody needs to polish their shoes and talk in reasonable tones, or something--unless someone has a better idea?

Open carry was perfectly legal in VA, and so a large group of Virginians decided to do exactly that--even as they were roundly criticized for doing so by personalities on this site. When the citizens of Virginia resolved to do completely lawful things enmass, the move so alarmed the Governor that he declared a State of Emergency to prevent them from doing so. (Anybody who believed the neo-Nazi propaganda shit is just stupid).

We can disagree as to what was accomplished--but that day sent a pretty clear message in several directions--and hopefully to the Supreme Court that the patience of The People is wearing thin.

I'd say it is well past time that someone spent some time thinking outside the box and coming up with a strategy.

Yesterday’s compromise is today’s loophole. Today’s registration is tomorrow’s confiscation.

I am done caring about this state’s new gun laws.

I think you are assuming that silent non-compliance (read: becoming a criminal) is your only option because nobody is offering you a plan of resistance.

GOAL is not in the business of offering you that plan of resistance.

Someone needs to think up that plan of resistance, and leadership needs to arise, and other people need to be willing to act together, and naysayers and shitheads need to be told to shut the f*** up and get out of the way.

And all of the above is just a one of the many reasons why it is not OK that this website be wasted as a snarky clubhouse full of sociopaths and trolls and retards.

That's my .02--YMMV.

We're in a real bad position. The courts don't want to touch it since no judge wants to blow away things like the AWB or NFA because as soon as a single person is killed with a weapon in that category that judge will be crucified. So they just dance around it. SCOTUS is even worse, they only take the real useless 2A cases and then write the ruling vague.

I haven't been this pessimistic on 2A rights for a while. I was really feeling confident up until SCOTUS started dodging cases that need answers.
We rarely agree, but it is a fact that SCOTUS is our last best hope to stop the utter insanity of deranged leftist anti-2A Dims in Massachusetts and elsewhere... and yet that help has yet to materialize and doesn't appear to be coming, not yet anyway. The re-election of Trump is now more important than ever. [thinking] More than ever before, this coming presidential election is all about the Supreme Court.

We rarely agree, but it is a fact that SCOTUS is our last best hope to stop the utter insanity of deranged leftist anti-2A Dims in Massachusetts and elsewhere... and yet that help has yet to materialize and doesn't appear to be coming, not yet anyway. The re-election of Trump is now more important than ever. [thinking] More than ever before, this coming presidential election is all about the Supreme Court.

For 2A matters he's better than any of the democrat candidates. But don't, for one second, think he's going to care about the 2A after re-election. He only caters to 2A voters to get votes. He won't need to worry about that in a second term.

If this law passes it will be unlawful to have a magazine/any magazine which is loaded with more than 10 rounds.
What part of "during transport" did you have difficulty with?

That is not meant to imply there is anything moderate about this Linsky turd (yeah, I know, department of redundancy department department and all that)

Last paragraph:

"...Any person who declared possession of a large capacity feeding device under this section may possess the large capacity feeding device only under the following conditions: (1) at that person’s residence; (2) while on the premises of a target range of a public or private club or organizations organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets; (3) while on a target range that holds a regulatory or business license for the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range; (4) while on the premises of a licensed shooting club; and (5) while transporting the large capacity feeding device between any of the places set forth in this paragraph, or to any licensed gun dealer, provided that such large capacity feeding device contains not more than 10 bullets.

A violation of the terms of any provision of this section shall constitute a violation of the sale, transfer, or possession requirements of the first paragraph of this section."

This appears to be based on CT's law. I remember reading that one guy got jammed up for having 11 rounds in a mag Presumably intending 10 + 1; but nothing in chamber when checked

Horrible, pointless, stupid legislation

The more of these threads I read the more it makes me want to move out of mAss. Reading these is good motivation to do so.

Guessing they didn't do an outright ban because they don't want "Freedom Week" to happen all over again.

For 2A matters he's better than any of the democrat candidates. But don't, for one second, think he's going to care about the 2A after re-election. He only caters to 2A voters to get votes. He won't need to worry about that in a second term.
You missed the part about it being all about getting more non-lunatic Federal judges and, in particular, one or two more conservative judges on SCOTUS.

Until a few thousand have this mentality nothing will change in this state. Even then it might not change.
There are easily that many, but that's not enough to forment political change. We're outgunned at the ballot box in most districts- and the handful of pro gun dems live in districts that don't make the rules. They're all outside of the cup. If we could get 100,000 pro 2a votes inside the cup it would be something, but most gun owners in this state don't care.... I think 2/3rds of them are "moonbat lite" types, etc. It's at the point where the cup moonbat pols won't even listen to reason because they know numerically they don't need our votes...

JFC. I just can't wrap my admittedly simple mind around this. It accomplishes nothing but poking the legal gun owner in the eye with a sharp stick. Admittedly pretty naive here as well, but I'm not at all certain that's what our elected officials are supposed to be wasting their time on? :mad:

JFC. I just can't wrap my admittedly simple mind around this. It accomplishes nothing but poking the legal gun owner in the eye with a sharp stick. Admittedly pretty naive here as well, but I'm not at all certain that's what our elected officials are supposed to be wasting their time on? :mad:
The only way you can explain it is to look at the leftist numskull pushing it: Linsky

What is wrong with the good people of Natick? Why on earth do they keep voting for this absolute lunatic??? [thinking]

How did this shit get through the public safety committee without us noticing? In previous years we've gone to hearings and these things usually die in the committee. We're not paying enough attention?

This is the same crap that Linsky pulls every year but it's a bit worrying to see a favorable committee report.

What part of "during transport" did you have difficulty with?

That is not meant to imply there is anything moderate about this Linsky turd (yeah, I know, department of redundancy department department and all that)

I don't think you get the language they are using, or the way that "provided" (and the prohibition following it) can be interpreted.

If they had ONLY wanted to limit what they perceive to be the "danger" of "high capacity magazines" during the narrow circumstance of transport, then why would they allow a magazine to be transported loaded at all? Why wouldn't they have just stipulated that all magazines must be transported empty, the same way that all firearms must be transported unloaded (unless you have an LTC)?

You will recall that these people tried to pretend that every AR15 sold since the 1994 ban was sold (and therefore owned) illegally--and that even if the weapon was pre-94, unless you could prove that you OWNED it on the day the ban went into effect, the later transfer was likewise unlawful.

There are easily that many, but that's not enough to forment political change. We're outgunned at the ballot box in most districts- and the handful of pro gun dems live in districts that don't make the rules. They're all outside of the cup. If we could get 100,000 pro 2a votes inside the cup it would be something, but most gun owners in this state don't care.... I think 2/3rds of them are "moonbat lite" types, etc. It's at the point where the cup moonbat pols won't even listen to reason because they know numerically they don't need our votes...

Then the people in this state don't "deserve" to be "allowed" to own guns. f*** them--and a pox on their houses.

If the Anti's are moving to pass the magazine-loading restriction that I THINK they are trying to pass, and you can't get 10,000 people to care enough to show up to a protest enmass, then they deserve whatever happens to their "rights".

Then the people in this state don't "deserve" to be "allowed" to own guns. f*** them--and a pox on their houses.

If the Anti's are moving to pass the magazine-loading restriction that I THINK they are trying to pass, and you can't get 10,000 people to care enough to show up to a protest enmass, then they deserve whatever happens to their "rights".
Even if that's possible it doesn't change the ballot box problem. Lets say I hit Powerball tomorrow and don't have to work, myself and a couple dozen pro 2a workers, over the next year might be able to hit the couch cushions and get 25,000 that give a shit. That's still not nearly enough to threaten pols over their position. It's a numbers game and the guns per capita / concerned gun owners/ district size ratios in MA don't work in our favor- and the antis already know this.

If they had ONLY wanted to limit what they perceive to be the "danger" of "high capacity magazines" during the narrow circumstance of transport, then why would they allow a magazine to be transported loaded at all? Why wouldn't they have just stipulated that all magazines must be transported empty, the sam
Incompetence. Sort of like the logic that an AR requires a trigger lock or secure locking device at home, but must be a locked case for transport.

Back
Top Bottom