• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bigotry Rears Its Ugly Head in the City of Newton, MA Against 2A Community and Possibly Destroys a Small Business

When I’m finally retired I may take up a more public voice on these types of hearings.
Nothing they could do to me at that point and I’d have some freedom to breathe finally.
Ah Yes, I know that felling oh so well. When I retired 11 plus years ago, I told the friend of mine that drove me home ( I had a take home vehicle until then) Once I signed off, "Now I have my First Amendment back"

After 24 yrs in LE, with literally thousands of arrests in my career, violent, throw down knock out fights to take them down, many of them involving firearms, stabbings, gangs, drugs, kicking in doors on MS-13 and 18th St. gang members wanted for murder, you name it.

I have never, not once, arrested a person that was a LTC holder of this state. Not once in all that time. They are the most law abiding, polite and respectful people I’ve ever dealt with.

These people simply have no idea, zero, what they’re talking about, and can’t even stop to take a breath because gunz and white males. It’s shameful that they’re so blinded by hatred that they would try to deny a fellow citizen an opportunity to open a storefront, a 100% legally protected and honest business simply because it doesn’t fit their incredibly frail emotional state or personal needs. They’re selfish, dishonest with themselves, and have zero experience with which to stand on.
[cheers]

When I’m finally retired I may take up a more public voice on these types of hearings.
Nothing they could do to me at that point and I’d have some freedom to breathe finally.
Unfortunately that’s part of the problem. Your voice carries more weight than most people here due to your profession, but you’re concerned about being reprimanded or worse.

I can’t blame you one bit because it happens every day and with these idiots I’m sure they would try to attack you personally.

“ The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

If LE would speak up about things more often then the politicians have no teeth to enforce bad laws. This isn’t just about Newton but on all matters across the board.

In this case with Newton and now Weseley it’s strictly town politics.

Unfortunately that’s part of the problem. Your voice carries more weight than most people here due to your profession, but you’re concerned about being reprimanded or worse.

I can’t blame you one bit because it happens every day and with these idiots I’m sure they would try to attack you personally.

“ The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

If LE would speak up about things more often then the politicians have no teeth to enforce bad laws. This isn’t just about Newton but on all matters across the board.

I don't think it matters to them, how many time have people with real world experience been shot down by the fascists on the left who already have all the answers they want to hear and liberally disregard those which don't align.

I understand what you’re saying, and I don’t take offense to it, but I think you’re giving too much credit to my position. I was a f***ing janitor for society. Nothing more.

You have a public voice, now, use it instead of pointing a finger at me, knowing that I don’t have that same luxury. I have fought for you, many times, for many years, because I believed you were worth it. Stand up and fight back. This shit is coming for all of us.

So much for "Never Again".

I've said it before but if I were a member of the Jewish community I would be armed to the teeth to make DAMN sure "never again".

How soon we forget.

You're 2 generations removed from any atrocities. All if it is a memory told by very very old great-grandparents and second-hand by grandparents. In teh stories they tell, it was CLEAR that the Nazi's were evil and all that. If it was that clear, why weren't they stopped earlier??? No one asks that question.

As far as any modern Jew or Gentile is concerned, our present government or any future iteration thereof would NEVER do that. EVER. Ergo, let's just let them protect us.

I actually bothered to join this and am now listening to some fragile student with their personal pronouns listed in their name blathering on about how unsafe they would feel with a lawful retail establishment opening in their back yard.

I actually bothered to join this and am now listening to some fragile student with their personal pronouns listed in their name blathering on about how unsafe they would feel with a lawful retail establishment opening in their back yard.

...and I'm we're all hateful bigots when the needle exchange, homeless shelter, or section 8 tenement opens on OUR block.

Gun shop - law abiding thrice-backgroundchecked people. The aforementioned establishments? Not so much.

...and I'm we're all hateful bigots when the needle exchange, homeless shelter, or section 8 tenement opens on OUR block.

Gun shop - law abiding thrice-backgroundchecked people. The aforementioned establishments? Not so much.

it is educating seeing all of the fearful people out there who are worried the firearms will just jump out of the store and into anyone's hands and then a lawyer telling them to make it so difficult to open a store that it's just not worth it.

One guy was like there is no market for it here and the store will fail, am tempted to write I will shop there just because of the people against it in this meeting.

Then the lady with the restraining order against her husband came out... against the store??? Lost me on that one.

its not surprising but also ridiculous how intentionally uninformed people are of how firearms stores and licensing work in this state or just in general, the person who said Liquor stores are more regulated than gun shops was literally a knee slapper.

All the usual BS. Too close to parks, schools, etc. People of that ilk (Republicans) coming to the neighborhood - shudder...

Back
Top Bottom