• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biggest Firearms Dealers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire?

Hi All,

I'm wondering if folks might be able to tell me which firearms dealers they think are the biggest (by sales volume) in Mass and New Hampshire. And more importantly, which do you recommend personally? I'm especially interested in SOT, Class 3.

Thanks.

Largest volume? Tough call, but is 'volume' the best criteria?

It's easy enough to guesstimate who has the largest on-the-floor inventory (as opposed to "let me check the warehouse"), but that doesn't necessarily correlate to sales volume. I'd say largest inventory is a useful metric -- When buying NFA items, in-stock can potentially shave months off the process. That points to MFLR/Shooters Outpost, if you can catch Jim when he's got a moment to spare. OTOH, Acme Armaments has better NFA prices.

If anybody has strong opinions about a particular SOT/Class-3/NFA dealer, consider posting a review on the NFAreviews website.

Why does inventory on the floor matter? My shop is super small but I can get almost anything.

When it comes to class 3 items, having a ton of inventory in stock doesn't make sense. It's a small percentage of sales and it takes forever so many people are put off by it.

What are you looking for? I may be able to help.

Just had a Form-3 (transfer to dealer) come through... 5 weeks after e-form submitted

Why does inventory on the floor matter? My shop is super small but I can get almost anything. When it comes to class 3 items, having a ton of inventory in stock doesn't make sense. It's a small percentage of sales and it takes forever so many people are put off by it.

Why does NFA inventory on floor matter? Two words: Form 3

Why does inventory on the floor matter? My shop is super small but I can get almost anything.

When it comes to class 3 items, having a ton of inventory in stock doesn't make sense. It's a small percentage of sales and it takes forever so many people are put off by it.

What are you looking for? I may be able to help.

Because when I walk into a store, I don't want the salesman to say: "I can order it for you" been down that road too many times. If I want product and I am ready to buy, then I want it now.

Agree about the Class 3 items.

Because when I walk into a store, I don't want the salesman to say: "I can order it for you" been down that road too many times. If I want product and I am ready to buy, then I want it now.

Agree about the Class 3 items.

I hear you. I was mostly referring to a large inventory of class 3 stuff. In regards to waiting 5 weeks for a transfer, what's 5 weeks on top of 8-12 months in the grand scheme of things. :)

Man, the whole process is asinine :(

Last edited:
NFA in NH

James L. McLoud & Sons, Manchester Firing Line Range, & Shooters Outpost collectively have hundreds of NFA item's in stock- and have transferred over 16,000 NFA items since 1982
I don't know if that makes us the biggest, baddest, highest volume etc., as I don't know, or care, what others do- but the numbers are such that we know what we're doing sometimes.

We do have the best NFA mechanic (IMHO) in the country that works out of Manchester Firing Line. John Andrewski does the finest work on Machine-guns etc. in the entire country! From a Sten to original Colt Thompson SMG's there is no other better in my opinion.

Send me a message, let me know what you're looking for, and I'll be glad to let you know if I have one for you.
Jim

Last edited:
I know this is ages old, but why would anyone who is looking for the largest shops inventory wise not immediately think KTP? LITERALLY 5 minutes into Maine, 20 minutes from the Mass border, and the largest volume dealer in New England!

I know this is ages old, but why would anyone who is looking for the largest shops inventory wise not immediately think KTP? LITERALLY 5 minutes into Maine, 20 minutes from the Mass border, and the largest volume dealer in New England!
The showroom doesn't meet the thread's specific criteria of MA/NH.

Does KTP still hold a FFL on the NH side of the border? Could arguably make the trading post eligible for "Biggest dealer in NH"

And won't sell MA approved pistols to MA residents so why would it matter how close they are to the border? (And by sell I mean you buy it there and have it shipped to a MA dealer for transfer)

Back
Top Bottom