bigger caliber carry gun options

It was never designed to fire hollows points but with little modifications to the feed ramp and a little polishing, it fires it no problem,

So "modern day specs" = the ability to feed hollowpoints? Nothing about magazine capacity, efficient use of modern cartridges, ability to be mass produced, long-term reliability, etc? Just hollowpoints, that's it?

I have no hatred for glock, but I have a friend that thinks there the only handguns out there and is relentlessly annoying about it,

Kinda like those antique auto fanbois I guess.

Yeah, too bad that pretty much any .45 load that would kill a 21/30/36 would also kill most other .45s on the market, too. I used to believe this BS too, but after having run like 20,000+ rounds of my own hand loads through like 5 different Glock .45s.... I now know better.

-Mike

I shoot +p ammo through my G-21 all the time. 10 years old and still going strong with thousands of rounds through it. Its also more accurate than my S&W E series 1911 at longer distances. (although that is probably just me)

Ed, do not take sides in a 1911 vs. Glock fight - you'll alienate voters and endanger your chances to be the next MA Senator. Don't blow it - the election is only a few days away.

Yeah, the Glock with a grip angle that was specifically designed for limp-wristed ladyboys who flinch with anything larger than a .22. Soul-less plastic garbage gun.

So "modern day specs" = the ability to feed hollowpoints? Nothing about magazine capacity, efficient use of modern cartridges, ability to be mass produced, long-term reliability, etc? Just hollowpoints, that's it?

Kinda like those antique auto fanbois I guess.

Ha ha, I make fun of my friends glocks because personaly I can't stand the grips on the glocks he has,

I keep telling him I don't need more rounds because I can hit what I aim at with my 1911 because the grips are not the size of a 2x4 and set at a strange angle, that usually gets him going

Ed, do not take sides in a 1911 vs. Glock fight - you'll alienate voters and endanger your chances to be the next MA Senator. Don't blow it - the election is only a few days away.

I own both, a Glock 21 and a 1911. But I don't get all huffy puffy when someone talks shit about either one, just like I wouldn't get upset if someone called my screw drivers pieces of shit.

People have a weird need to defend their gun purchases to the death.

Sent from my phone.

I own both, a Glock 21 and a 1911. But I don't get all huffy puffy when someone talks shit about either one, just like I wouldn't get upset if someone called my screw drivers pieces of shit.

Sent from my phone.

i carried a P3AT the other day.

[pot]

just like I wouldn't get upset if someone called my screw drivers pieces of shit.

As long as they're slotted. The only true screwdrivers are slotted, not that modern phillips crap. And don't even get me started on Torx.

i carried a P3AT the other day.

[pot]

Understandable. A real gun would have printed too much with your bikini.

Last edited:

Sent from my phone.

This x1000000

I love 1911s and I love my Glocks. I also love my Ruger, Springfields, FN, Mossy, etc etc.

I don't get the "my way or the highway" attitude about guns. For a bunch of so-called libertarians, there seem to be a bunch of authoritarians who have a monopoly on truth with regards to particular firearms. Handguns are personal things, items upon which you may have to rely on to save your life someday. Because they are personal, many become attached, overly so when in fact a handgun is a tool. The truth is that Glock is a great gun, the 1911 is a great gun, S&W makes great guns, Colt makes great guns, Ruger makes great guns, the XD is a great gun and the list goes on and on. In the end it is very subjective, but for peopel to get all snitty because one person likes one design and another likes another design or make, sure doesn't seem very libertarian at all. These kinds of debates go on and on ad infinitum and rarely do opinions change; they only reinforce prejudices, inflame passions and in the end degenerate into free for alls.

This x1000000

I love 1911s and I love my Glocks. I also love my Ruger, Springfields, FN, Mossy, etc etc.

Ruger sold out to the Clintons, Springfield imports their crappy plastic guns from some communist shit-hole, FN came out with the 5.7 (enough said,) Mossberg is just a cheap knock-off of the Remington. All of your guns suck.

I don't understand why anyone would want anything but a 1911. It has the trigger every gun wishes it had, and 2011s have the same capacity as a Glock, if that's important to you. The only reason DA semiautos exist is so cops don't ND as often.

Ruger sold out to the Clintons, Springfield imports their crappy plastic guns from some communist shit-hole, FN came out with the 5.7 (enough said,) Mossberg is just a cheap knock-off of the Remington. All of your guns suck.

[rofl]

And my FN is a Nazi Proofed 1939 Hi-Power, no fanboi FiveSeven [grin]

Deal with it.

No glocks bashing? I hear they are as evil too.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

All the good info posted here. I think I'll stick with Delton for AR and Taurus as my EDC or home protection gun.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Yeah, the Glock with a grip angle that was specifically designed for limp-wristed ladyboys who flinch with anything larger than a .22. Soul-less plastic garbage gun.

ROFLMAO!!!

I bought a grip force adapter for my G33. Now I don't have to limp wrist it to shoot where I want to.

I don't get the "my way or the highway" attitude about guns. For a bunch of so-called libertarians, there seem to be a bunch of authoritarians who have a monopoly on truth with regards to particular firearms. Handguns are personal things, items upon which you may have to rely on to save your life someday. Because they are personal, many become attached, overly so when in fact a handgun is a tool. The truth is that Glock is a great gun, the 1911 is a great gun, S&W makes great guns, Colt makes great guns, Ruger makes great guns, the XD is a great gun and the list goes on and on. In the end it is very subjective, but for peopel to get all snitty because one person likes one design and another likes another design or make, sure doesn't seem very libertarian at all. These kinds of debates go on and on ad infinitum and rarely do opinions change; they only reinforce prejudices, inflame passions and in the end degenerate into free for alls.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mark056 again

It's all fun and games, well for me at least, I like all guns for the most part but will not hesitate to mess with my buddy about his, hell I love automobiles as well but will make fun of my friends Ford just to get him going,

The problem I have with carry guns is that they get beat up..... I hate to carry the Colt Defender or the Kimber Ultra Carry II because they are so nice and expensive....I don't want to mess them up......That's why I carry the s&w sigma or the glock 30..... they are already plain and ugly ( s&w is really inexpensive )... so I don't mind them getting beat up....

I think you missed the joke Mark.

Your gun sucks. [rofl]

I mean there are some universally known pieces of shit (eg, Taurus, Hi Point, Jennings, etc ad nauseam) but beyond that realm most of us here know that things start getting subjective much after that..

BTW being libertarian is a political philosophy. It doesn't take away my right to call something a piece of shit, it just takes away the notional that I can use government force to get someone to believe my opinion. [laugh]

-Mike

Don't forget S&W. S&W was owned by the anti gun british but even though that stopped happening a long time ago, we still all need to hold a grudge against the name of the company because they SOLD THEMSELVES OUT TO THE CLINTONS!!!!!! HURR! DURR! (raises pitchfork)

-Mike

Don't forget S&W. S&W was owned by the anti gun british but even though that stopped happening a long time ago, we still all need to hold a grudge against the name of the company because they SOLD THEMSELVES OUT TO THE CLINTONS!!!!!! HURR! DURR! (raises pitchfork)

-Mike

BOYCOTT, or DIE.

I think you missed the joke Mark.

OK, maybe I was trolling just a little bit. The thing about guns (and calibers) is that they are ALL a compromise, which by definition means that none are perfect. These threads are fun because you can attack those compromises and get people riled up. Some people take this shit WAY too seriously. [pot]

Back
Top Bottom