bigger caliber carry gun options

thinking about replacing my sr9c with something in a larger caliber and im thinking that will be .45acp. also, i ordered a lee breech lock press kit this morning and will be reloading for the first time, so i figure if im reloading and shooting plenty of .45 ill be really happy and comfortable with what ive got loaded in my edc. plus more stopping power, blahblah.

right now im thinking about a glock 30 of some form, or i really like the idea of an officer frame 1911 with a commander frame on it for compact size and more reliability than a 3" 1911. ive carried my full size a few times and didnt have any issue with it. carried with an elite survival holster and a wilderness 5 stitch trainers belt. i like the ruger and the polymer lower, which is why i think stepping up to a compact 45 glock would be nice.

what are your thoughts on either one.

I have the 3" 1911 (S&W Pro). Never once has it had a ftf or fte. 45acp to me is the best round for protection, although many others would argue that.

If weight isn't an issue, go for the G30 (SF) if you can. It is a little thick but it'll suit your needs. I carried my SR9c up until the XDs in .45acp. I love the SR series, so maybe look at the SR45 like another member posted. Trigger is supposedly real nice just like the other SRs.

The word is out. You better dump em while you can, I'll take them off your hands, but its going to be cheap.

no reasonable offer refused. the only catch is that you have to go into the safe and get them. I'm afraid to get too close to them now.
Is it safe to keep my 17, 19 and 26 or should I dump them too?

no reasonable offer refused. the only catch is that you have to go into the safe and get them. I'm afraid to get too close to them now.
Is it safe to keep my 17, 19 and 26 or should I dump them too?
Those are fine. Looks like you still need one in that awesome .45GAP tho.

Most around here knows I am a staunch supporter of the G36, but its not for everyone. Just ask ColdDay.

With that said if you are not carrying a G29 10MM than you're a p*ssy. [rofl] Just kidding! or am I?

Yah xds 45 is probably the ultimate in ccw right now. But itll run you $800+ mass r4p3 prices.

Just got one myself after begrudgingly bending over.

Most around here knows I am a staunch supporter of the G36, but its not for everyone. Just ask ColdDay.

With that said if you are not carrying a G29 10MM than you're a p*ssy. [rofl] Just kidding! or am I?

Ha! Yeah I didn't like it. Not for everyone (although most like it).

XDs isn't an option for most of NES and I get that, but if you find one, buy one. They're not just badass because they aren't on that bullshit list, they're thin and 45ACP. I carry 45 because I can. I would feel comfortable at 9mm too, don't get me wrong.

i dont hate the xd compact 45, but i prefer the capacity of the glock over it. seems the glock will be easier to put together than a 1911, what with the fitment of the slide and all. i love a 1911, which is why i would sacrifice some capacity to carry a slightly smaller one. i have given some thought to a commander size 1911, but would really like something easier to conceal and as light as possible. if im not splitting hairs that is. alternatively, i have a 1911 already and a g30s would be a nice addition to my collection.

Glock 21 is the best shooting, most reliable piece I have ever shot. Can't say enough good things about Glock .45s

This

As of this month I have been CCW for 40 years. I got my personal protection permit (as they were called then) in June 1973. Yeah I know, I'm old. Anyway, I have amassed quite a few pistols in that time so I have a lot to choose from. My EDC is a G-30 and my nightstand piece is a G-21 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

This

As of this month I have been CCW for 40 years. I got my personal protection permit (as they were called then) in June 1973. Yeah I know, I'm old. Anyway, I have amassed quite a few pistols in that time so I have a lot to choose from. My EDC is a G-30 and my nightstand piece is a G-21 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Lame. I carry a Glock seven. The good thing is, I can even carry it on a plane, because the TSA just doesn't have the ability or the technology to find it. Ha, how'bout that?

Back
Top Bottom