BigBang Cannon?

Was wondering what kind of problems would arise from the use of one of the big bang carbide cannons this coming Fourth Of July celebration as a noise maker? I mean all it does is make a loud noise, was mostly wondering if it could cause legal issues. Seeing as how we live in MA, has the AG had a chance to review one of these to make sure it has all the safety features? Has it already been banned? (sarcasm) I want to get one but if its gonna land me in jail I'll pass. Does anyone in MA have one or has ever had one and used it without issue?

ugh. thought about getting one of those, decided instead to just get fireworks. I dont mind fireworks being confiscated, but id be too pissed if some cop took one of those.

We use cannons all the time for various reasons. The key is to only do it once, or every 2 hours so the cops can't get a fix on your location.
Not sure what a BigBang Cannon is, but ours are the ol' fashion type you dump gunpowder and pack it with newspaper. Makes the absolute loudest bang I've ever heard.

Not that Im doing fireworks in Boston again (had some yuppie absolutely ruin an annual tradition by claiming we aimed roman candles at her house) but would those cannons set off the BPD shot spotter thing?

I think i read that they are about as loud as a 12 gauge. They are listed as a "toy" on the website and use water and carbide to create a gas that is then ignited by a lantern sparker. They are a bit expensive (160-250) but come up on ebay once in a while for cheap. And i do think it would be loud enough to set off the shot spotter.

Fall River would be the intended firing area, just wondering if loud noises would be detrimental to my freedom, so to speak.

If it looks like this, you might have a problem....

American-Artillery-Crew.png

[smile]

It doesnt shoot a projectile and cannot be made to. It does not use gunpowder. It is a "toy"..........the more i try to convince myself, the more i think it would be a bad idea.
Oh well, got to find another way to make noise this fourth.

Back
Top Bottom