• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big win for carry licensing

Technically a Mass DUI is a federal disqualifier, as discussed multiple times on the forum. Even though it is a misdemeanor, maximum jail sentence is 2 1/2 years, which the federales consider a felony.

Even if your rights are "restored" in Mass, unless the conviction goes away the Feds consider you a PP.

That last part is worded poorly. It isn't because the conviction is still there that you are still PP at the federal level.

That last part is worded poorly. It isn't because the conviction is still there that you are still PP at the federal level.
Huh?

It because the conviction is there .AND. the feds do not consider FLRB restoration of civil rights, because the convict never lost them.

I was just denied very recently for a misdemeanor. Should I re-apply or get my charged annulled first?

You should always get your charges annulled if you can. $300 is cheap money to get it wiped. I've done it myself.

Ordered an NH criminal history report a few months afterwards to be sure and it was blank, done deal.

Back
Top Bottom