Big shoutout to Neil Tassel

Shevchenko

NES Member
Wanted to make a public post to once again thank the great Neil Tassel. Last year I had a seizure while prepping for a range day and I had the audacity to not lock up my rifle in the 10 or so minutes between seizing and being rushed to the ER by ambulance (my landlord called 911 for me). The emt's told the responding officer I had "guns everywhere" (this was a lie, everything but my rifle was locked in my range bag) then the Wilmington PD tried to hit me with improper storage of a large capacity firearm. A few days pass and I'm discharged from the hospital to find 2 officers at my apartment (not sure how they knew I was discharged but whatever) who served me my suspension notice and seized all my guns/ammo. It was a stressful few weeks waiting to see what they were charging me with but finally Neil found out what it was and explained I had a show cause hearing to determine whether there was cause for a criminal complaint. I've never been in trouble so it was extremely stressful and taxing on my mental health, but Neil was always there to answer my repetitive questions and he dominated at my show cause hearing. He got the skeleton posing as a magistrate to accept an agreement between the inspector and Neil that they'd leave it at the show cause level for 6 months and deny the complaint as long as I kept my record squeaky clean. I don't live much of a wild life these days, but it was always on my mind that I had this piano dangling above my head. Well, 6 months pass, the complaint was denied, and the Lieutenant at the Wilmington PD quickly pushed thru my license reinstatement. So now I'm back in business and I have my license and goods back in my possession with no piano hovering over me and it feels great to have it all wrapped up.

now to figure out how the F I get this key-less lock of my 320!

Thanks again for all your help and guidance @ntassel

View: https://imgur.com/a/Xg2xHRz

Last edited:
I am overly glad to hear that outcome. Sounds like you need a universal key though. I keep one at the shop for how often people lose the keys to those locks.
169fff6d963a8d3f.png

Congratulations!

What a shit show. Middle of prepping for a range day means there’s typically guns and ammo out being bagged. F the PD and your landlord for taking a stressful situation (seizure) and kicking you while you were down.

Glad it worked out in the end. Sorry you had to jump through so many hoops.

Congratulations!

What a shit show. Middle of prepping for a range day means there’s typically guns and ammo out being bagged. F the PD and your landlord for taking a stressful situation (seizure) and kicking you while you were down.

Glad it worked out in the end. Sorry you had to jump through so many hoops.
thanks, but my landlord did the right thing :p just unfortunate she didn't think to toss the rifle under the bed or something hahah

I fully understand how stressful that would be for anyone.

And f*ck Wilmington Police for ignoring clear circumstances about the situation. That complete BS IMHO. Like giving a speeding ticket to a guy who's trying to get his pregnant wife to the hospital in time for the delivery.

@nstassel, Good on you sir. Well done!

Best

Rich

Wanted to make a public post to once again thank the great Neil Tassel. Last year I had a seizure while prepping for a range day and I had the audacity to not lock up my rifle in the 10 or so minutes between seizing and being rushed to the ER by ambulance (my landlord called 911 for me). The emt's told the responding officer I had "guns everywhere" (this was a lie, everything but my rifle was locked in my range bag) then the Wilmington PD tried to hit me with improper storage of a large capacity firearm. A few days pass and I'm discharged from the hospital to find 2 officers at my apartment (not sure how they knew I was discharged but whatever) who served me my suspension notice and seized all my guns/ammo. It was a stressful few weeks waiting to see what they were charging me with but finally Neil found out what it was and explained I had a show cause hearing to determine whether there was cause for a criminal complaint. I've never been in trouble so it was extremely stressful and taxing on my mental health, but Neil was always there to answer my repetitive questions and he dominated at my show cause hearing. He got the skeleton posing as a magistrate to accept an agreement between the inspector and Neil that they'd leave it at the show cause level for 6 months and deny the complaint as long as I kept my record squeaky clean. I don't live much of a wild life these days, but it was always on my mind that I had this piano dangling above my head. Well, 6 months pass, the complaint was denied, and the Lieutenant at the Wilmington PD quickly pushed thru my license reinstatement. So now I'm back in business and I have my license and goods back in my possession with no piano hovering over me and it feels great to have it all wrapped up.

Good for you and glad you are OK.

Good for you and it sucks that you were put through the ringer for a health emergency. Nice to know in advance if a cop is having a health emergency, then wait for him/her to become unconscious and take their gun and drop in the middle of the road and let the cop get charged with unlawful storage, endangering minors, etc. What a world we live in. In any other state you probably could have gone to your local PD after getting out of the hospital and they would have handed your guns back and you could have drove home happy.

Who was this responding officer by the way? I'd really love to know.

Who was this responding officer by the way? I'd really love to know.
not sure I wanna call out an officer that still works at my local pd. tho, everyone else (especially Lieutenant Ahearn) was SUPER helpful during all this crap (immediately helping me get the guns out of their possession and into the safe keeping of my uncle), helping me with post-surrender private sales etc.

First f*ck the EMT with the big mouth.
Your job is patient care , stick to that.
My son is an EMT and if I found out he did something like that , i do believe things would get ugly between us.

I have standing orders in my house that if there is a medical emergency with me that after the ambulance is called certain doors are to be shut and locked and no one is to be allowed to roam the house.
I don't care if i'm blue and they are attempting to jump start me.
I've heard more that a couple of stories of cops taking an opportunity to go snooping through a house while the medics are working on someone.

Back
Top Bottom