Big shot NYC attorney sues for LTC

“The NYPD claims Leifer, 75, did not fully cooperate with its investigator by failing to produce, among other things, “three months of bank statements and the corresponding deposit slips, and documentation of being in extraordinary personal danger.”

Wow

Wonder if there have been any updates. This article is from March of this year.

“The NYPD claims Leifer, 75, did not fully cooperate with its investigator by failing to produce, among other things, “three months of bank statements and the corresponding deposit slips, and documentation of being in extraordinary personal danger.”

Wow

We have discussed this here, and I elsewhere.

This is a RENEWAL and he was issued the earlier permits due to large cash transactions and entertaining clients. Thus the reason for this line of stonewalling by the powers that be.

I am sure if there was a 'threat' that would be harder to suddenly disprove.

I hope he wins and then helps the little people.

ETA:

The NYPD concluded, “the activities which justified granting a Business Carry License in the past, do not exist anymore. You no longer carry or transport cash. You no longer transact business involving expensive watches and artifacts. You no longer collect rent from rental properties. This amounts to a change in circumstance.”

I think most of us feel the NYC licensing scheme is going to go down in the case being heard by SCOTUS Nov 3rd, how far SCOTUS a will go is the question. This guy should delay action and wait for the ruling next spring. He’ll have a much easier path.

Yes, it is nuts! Come to think of it, I had to provide a bill (which they copied) to get my “real ID”… so a bank statement isn’t too far off.🤯🤮

I think most of us feel the NYC licensing scheme is going to go down in the case being heard by SCOTUS Nov 3rd, how far SCOTUS a will go is the question. This guy should delay action and wait for the ruling next spring. He’ll have a much easier path.
i think the practical reality proved multiple times now that liberal municipalities find million ways of how to bypass any scotus rulings that do not oblige the will of the ruling elites. anybody who would presume that nyc or chicago would alter anything in the way how they conduct business based on scotus - are delirious.

i think the practical reality proved multiple times now that liberal municipalities find million ways of how to bypass any scotus rulings that do not oblige the will of the ruling elites. anybody who would presume that nyc or chicago would alter anything in the way how they conduct business based on scotus - are delirious.
Just look at mAss

Such BS. Imagine you had to defend any other right like this? Provide evidence of the necessity of such right just to exercise it? And this is after he's already been vetted for like 50 years of safe ownership. I'm sure people would lose their collective minds if this was religion or speech.

What if...and this may be a huge stretch of the imagination....he hasn't handled cash in an entire year because of some outlandish reason like a global pandemic shutting down everything? Just because he can't show cash now doesn't remove the original need. And even beyond that, I suspect his stance is that he shouldn't even have to show anything to prove need.

While I wish him no harm, it would be poetic if he got mugged now and then sued the city for that as well.

Back
Top Bottom