• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big shot NYC attorney sues for LTC

Congratulations, you defeated a notorious shit town trying to trick you into basically downgrading yourself.
There were a few chiefs over the years that were anti, but everyone I know in town got an ALP or later unrestricted. Most of us grew up here though, so when I went for my first one, I went to school elementary school with the younger sister of the licensing officer and our moms both worked at Somerville Hospital.

The entire licensing thing is retarded. It’s political on the city level never mind when you start talking about places like New York City..

It’s real shame and constitutional carry is the only way to go. The license system does not have any effect on violence whatsoever…

And while it is unfortunate..Especially for our veterans. Gun licensing has nothing to do with suicide.

Suicide is kind of a right unto itself….

This is why you stick with “ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES”.
The story is about New-York-Freaking-City.

5n0opo.jpg

First rule about getting/having a NYC permit - don't talk about your special treatment.
That would be news to Imus,
who for years on nationally syndicated radio and simulcast TV
alternated between describing his ongoing recovery from cocaine and vodka,
and threatening uppity guests with getting shot by the gun he kept in the safe in his office.
(The safe where he kept his stash of percodan, percocet, percoetcetera).

It occurred to me only this week that
Bo Dietl's patronage was probably what kept the renewals flowing.
That, and generic support for NYPD on the show.

I believe that Hannity lives in long island.
If Hannity is a Long Island resident then he probably has a state license which is not valid in NYC. However I seem to recall that he does have a NYC permit (not sure which kind).
As far as I know New York is the only state with a separate licensing scheme for a city as opposed to state-wide. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Even in gun-hating MA a permit from Florida (population 752, near North Adams) is just as valid in Boston as a Boston-issued permit.
That being said I am still not sure how NYC gets away with this s**t. The 2A is a constitutional right just like all the other amendments & the NYPD requirements are so excessively burdensome that it seems to me what they are doing is blatantly unconstitutional.

The term used on NYC permits (the last time I saw one) is "Full Carry" or "Special Full Carry"
This is the current list of handgun permits / licenses that private citizens may currently apply for:

License and Permit Types
The NYPD issues several different types of handgun licenses, with varying restrictions. The information below will help you determine which type of handgun license is appropriate for you.

PREMISES LICENSE: This is a restricted type of license. It is issued for your residence or business. The Licensee may possess a handgun ONLY on the premises of the address indicated on the front of the license. Licensees may also transport their handguns and ammunition in separate locked containers, directly to and from an authorized range or hunting location. (For hunting, an endorsement from NYPD License Division is required, in addition to a New York State hunting license). Handguns must be unloaded while being transported.

CARRY BUSINESS LICENSE: This license permits the carrying of a handgun concealed on the person. It is valid for the business name, address, and handguns listed on the license. It is not transferable to any other person, business, occupation, or address, without the written approval of the License Division's Commanding Officer. This license may also be issued for safety reasons unrelated to business.

LIMITED CARRY BUSINESS LICENSE: This is a restricted type of license. The licensee may only carry handguns indicated on the license in accordance with the specific limitations listed thereon. At all other times, the handgun must be safeguarded within the confines of the address listed on the front of the license, either concealed on the licensee's person in a proper holster or stored unloaded in a locked safe.

SPECIAL CARRY LICENSE: The Special Carry License is valid for the business name, address and handguns listed on the license, only while the licensee has in his possession a valid carry county license issued according to the provisions of article 400 of the N.Y.S. Penal law. Upon the revocation, suspension, or cancellation of the basic county license, the Special Carry License is rendered void and must be immediately returned to the License Division. (For Retired Law Enforcement officers who wish to apply for a Special Carry handgun license, follow the instructions listed below-“INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT (NON-NYPD) RETIREES WHO RESIDE OUTSIDE OF NEW YORK CITY”).

CARRY GUARD LICENSE
: (security guards, etc.) This is a restricted type of license. Applications for this type of license must be made with the documentation provided by a company's gun custodian. It is issued only for the handgun listed on the license. The handgun may be carried only while the licensee is actively engaged in employment for the company whose name appears on the license and/or while licensee is in transit directly to or from residence and place of employment. At all other times, the handgun must be stored unloaded in a locked container, at either the address on the license or at the employee's legal residence (within the State of New York).

... Imus,
who for years on nationally syndicated radio and simulcast TV
alternated between describing his ongoing recovery from cocaine and vodka, ...
Fun factoid: today is the 37th anniversary of Imus kicking cocaine.
3692b844c4ccfe78c1f13f2dd85c6cbe.gif

I suppose you have a point there. Grease the right palms or explain exactly WHO you plan to shoot with name and address in the LTC application
In NYC it is indeed more likely that you will have to shoot someone,
than that you will receive permission to shoot with someone.

That being said I am still not sure how NYC gets away with this s**t. The 2A is a constitutional right just like all the other amendments & the NYPD requirements are so excessively burdensome that it seems to me what they are doing is blatantly unconstitutional.
In Fun City,
Gun Control is Giacomo Corvo.

The term used on NYC permits (the last time I saw one) is "Full Carry" or "Special Full Carry"
Imus held out for Beautiful People Full Carry.

Supposedly Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith had non-resident LTC's back in the day
According to the NYPD rules only New York City residents can apply for NYC permits. They must have had apartments in NYC.

According to the NYPD rules only New York City residents can apply for NYC permits. They must have had apartments in NYC.
Not necessarily; if you a big enough name the NYPC licensing unit will (or at least has in the past) meet you backstage for fingerprints and paperwork.

There used to be a judge in Chautauqua county, NY who would issue carry permits by mail to non-residents in the mid to late 90's, but that was stopped by the county law department (BTDT). These were valid statewide except NYC.

Then there was the movement to unrestrict permits in NY decades ago. Mayor Koch announced that all restricted permits would be revoked the day such a law was put into effect.

Assuming you complete the marathon to obtain some kind of handgun license in the Big Apple, the excruciation continues...

Buying a Gun in NYC You can purchase a firearm from any FFL, but purchases made from out of state must be transferred to an FFL in NYC. If you buy a new gun, IT MUST BE NY COMPLIANT. Used guns should be marked by the shipper as such. Make sure you fill out the BATFE form, get a receipt and have the FFL fill out the Purchase Authorization form.​
Every 90 days you can buy ONE handgun, pistol or revolver in the City of New York. You will need to fill out the Purchase Authorization Request Form electronically and submit it online to NYPD so that they can provide you with a “purchase Authorization” that you can use to take possession of a new handgun at the time of purchase. The most important thing to remember when filling out the form is that the caliber you write down MUST be the caliber of the handgun you purchase. You can buy a different make and model as long as the caliber on the Purchase Authorization Request Form is the same. However, it is always best to buy the handgun make and model you put down on the Purchase Authorization Request Form if at all possible.​
Here are the steps to getting a Purchase Authorization: 1. Submit your online request for purchase authorization. Currently takes around 30-60 days. 2. PA request approval is either emailed or snail mailed, and recipient has 30 days from the date it was MAILED (not received) to pick up the authorization. 3. Once you receive it, you have to go down to 1 Police Plaza to pick up the PA. M-Tr ONLY from 9am-12pm. 4. Once you pick up the PA, you have another 30 days to purchase the actual firearm. 5. Once purchased (even if it is on the date the PA expires) you have 72 hours (not calendar days, not business days, 72 hours – which might include weekends and holidays) to bring the firearm, locked, unloaded, down to 1PP to have it inspected. Inspections are done any business day (M-F, excluding holidays) from 12pm – 2pm. Bring bill of sale, etc etc etc. 6. You’re all done. Wait another 90 days, submit your next one, and while you wait … Go shoot.​
Gun Inspection Bring the receipt (2 copies – you keep the original they get the other), Purchase Authorization, and your firearm (unloaded, trigger locked, no mag in gun, no ammo on your person, in a locked case) to back to 1 Police Plaza, Monday – Thursday between the hours of 12 noon – 3pm (if you’re quick, you can pick up your PA in the morning, buy a gun, and get back for inspection the same day). Let the checkpoint know you are carrying a firearm (and let them know it’s properly secured). Then go for your gun inspection. Your gun will be inspected, and the serial # recorded. They will then put the gun’s make, model, caliber and serial # on the gun license and hand it to you. Make sure you verify that the information, especially the serial #, is correct! I’d say every other time I have put a new gun on my license, there has been some kind of typo. If your gun’s serial # doesn’t match your license, you can be arrested, even if it was a typo or mistake on their part. You can now purchase ammunition only for the caliber(s) listed on your license.​
Be sure to request the Hunting Authorization card when you pick up your license if you ever want to leave the 5 boroughs into NY State on a Premises License. Also, read the booklet that NYPD gives you at the time of your Pistol Permit issuance. Know the laws! Ignorance of the law will not help you if you get into trouble!​

The "deli lines" at some MA shops don't look so bad by comparison.

Assuming you complete the marathon to obtain some kind of handgun license in the Big Apple, the excruciation continues...

Buying a Gun in NYC You can purchase a firearm from any FFL, but purchases made from out of state must be transferred to an FFL in NYC. If you buy a new gun, IT MUST BE NY COMPLIANT. Used guns should be marked by the shipper as such. Make sure you fill out the BATFE form, get a receipt and have the FFL fill out the Purchase Authorization form.​
Every 90 days you can buy ONE handgun, pistol or revolver in the City of New York. You will need to fill out the Purchase Authorization Request Form electronically and submit it online to NYPD so that they can provide you with a “purchase Authorization” that you can use to take possession of a new handgun at the time of purchase. The most important thing to remember when filling out the form is that the caliber you write down MUST be the caliber of the handgun you purchase. You can buy a different make and model as long as the caliber on the Purchase Authorization Request Form is the same. However, it is always best to buy the handgun make and model you put down on the Purchase Authorization Request Form if at all possible.​
Here are the steps to getting a Purchase Authorization: 1. Submit your online request for purchase authorization. Currently takes around 30-60 days. 2. PA request approval is either emailed or snail mailed, and recipient has 30 days from the date it was MAILED (not received) to pick up the authorization. 3. Once you receive it, you have to go down to 1 Police Plaza to pick up the PA. M-Tr ONLY from 9am-12pm. 4. Once you pick up the PA, you have another 30 days to purchase the actual firearm. 5. Once purchased (even if it is on the date the PA expires) you have 72 hours (not calendar days, not business days, 72 hours – which might include weekends and holidays) to bring the firearm, locked, unloaded, down to 1PP to have it inspected. Inspections are done any business day (M-F, excluding holidays) from 12pm – 2pm. Bring bill of sale, etc etc etc. 6. You’re all done. Wait another 90 days, submit your next one, and while you wait … Go shoot.​
Gun Inspection Bring the receipt (2 copies – you keep the original they get the other), Purchase Authorization, and your firearm (unloaded, trigger locked, no mag in gun, no ammo on your person, in a locked case) to back to 1 Police Plaza, Monday – Thursday between the hours of 12 noon – 3pm (if you’re quick, you can pick up your PA in the morning, buy a gun, and get back for inspection the same day). Let the checkpoint know you are carrying a firearm (and let them know it’s properly secured). Then go for your gun inspection. Your gun will be inspected, and the serial # recorded. They will then put the gun’s make, model, caliber and serial # on the gun license and hand it to you. Make sure you verify that the information, especially the serial #, is correct! I’d say every other time I have put a new gun on my license, there has been some kind of typo. If your gun’s serial # doesn’t match your license, you can be arrested, even if it was a typo or mistake on their part. You can now purchase ammunition only for the caliber(s) listed on your license.​
Be sure to request the Hunting Authorization card when you pick up your license if you ever want to leave the 5 boroughs into NY State on a Premises License. Also, read the booklet that NYPD gives you at the time of your Pistol Permit issuance. Know the laws! Ignorance of the law will not help you if you get into trouble!​

The "deli lines" at some MA shops don't look so bad by comparison.
I guess this is what’s in store for all of us. Plus proof you voted Democrat in last three elections.

Back
Top Bottom