• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big Punch, Little Package: The ‘Diablo,’ A 12GA Muzzle-Loading Pistol from American Gun Craft

I appreciate it. Yes and sorry for all of the anticipation. I never wait for unboxing and usually I've got ammo on hand but this, of course... is a special case. ;)

I don’t see what the big deal is. I bought an old wall hanger black powder shotgun over 10 years ago and cut the barrels down to about 10 inches.
I never got around to cutting stock down to a custom grip, but I have exposed hammers, looks nice and old and ancient it is easy to load and shoot and costs hundreds less than anything here.

As to that last large clear image of the Dx-12. That can’t be a rendering. I can’t see mold/fit issues in the grip and plastic mold marks around the rear of the barrel, not to mention blurred writing on the front of the barrel where the camera isn’t focused. If it was a computer rendering then it would all be prefect.

RC

I don’t see what the big deal is. I bought an old wall hanger black powder shotgun over 10 years ago and cut the barrels down to about 10 inches.
I never got around to cutting stock down to a custom grip, but I have exposed hammers, looks nice and old and ancient it is easy to load and shoot and costs hundreds less than anything here.

As to that last large clear image of the Dx-12. That can’t be a rendering. I can’t see mold/fit issues in the grip and plastic mold marks around the rear of the barrel, not to mention blurred writing on the front of the barrel where the camera isn’t focused. If it was a computer rendering then it would all be prefect.

RC

How much powder do you think that barrel could take?

I don’t know how much the old black powder shotgun could take. I did load it and shoot both barrels once but I can’t remember how much powder I put in it. It was back in the late ‘90s.

RC

PhotoEditor_20191102_092453125.jpg

The recoil is extremely manageable. After having fun and exploring how much power you could put into it. I decided to take it out and put it to some real use. If you are using it for closer range hunting then you're probably not going to go over 60 grains and ½ oz of shot. At least not for varmint hunting. And I figure 80 would be pretty good if you're using round ball at close range as well. Brought it along to the woods and got a few squirrels. My woods are thick and I often end up too close to several of them to harvest with my shotgun. By the time they get to a desired distance I'm shooting thru tons of brush. So this really came in handy!

New Video uploaded! <2:01>
🐿🎯
I was able to add a couple of extra squirrels to the pot this week thanks to the Diablo.
Sometimes the little guys get up close and personal in all this brush. Too close to harvest without ruining the muscle. I got a little footage hunting with this 12 gauge Double Barrel BlackPowder Pistol if you're interested.

View: https://youtu.be/tTCdwF4cohk

Back
Top Bottom