Big Green Is Back: Remington Ammo Plant Working 24/7

mikeyp

NES Member
Well, this should help(I know it's not the best, but it's ammo lol)

Remington Ammunition is back in operation, and its new president, Jason Vanderbrink, addresses consumers straight from the factory floor in his latest "Where's the Ammo?" video above.

"Today, we're in our American manufacturing facility in Lonoke, Ark.," Vanderbrink said. "You'll see that Big Green is back and stronger than ever."

Following Remington Outdoors' bankruptcy in 2020, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased the Remington ammunition facility in Arkansas, along with most of Remington's trademarks. Immediately following the acquisition, Vista sent a number of experienced managers down to the Lonoke facility to get production back on track.

Won't make a difference if they can't get components from China. Aren't they just putting it all together? Or are they making powder, brass, primers, and bullets too?

Hopeful but don’t imagine this makes a dent in the huge demand. Might make it easier to find certain calibers but prices are staying for the long haul.

Seeing as it Arkansas and a strong conservative state, I will expect an ATF cease and desist production pending some bs compliance requirements after some bogus inspection result with that new asshat Waco child killer ATF Director Biden nominated should he be confirmed.

Won't make a difference if they can't get components from China. Aren't they just putting it all together? Or are they making powder, brass, primers, and bullets too?
Their main plant in Arkansas is fully capable, they can manufacture all of the components from raw materials, long as they can get raw materials. I don't believe they manufacture powder at their plant but I'm sure the can blend it or spec it out themselves and I'm sure they still have a relationship with Dupont. I know they certainly don't use any canister grade powders in their ammo so reloading powder shortage wouldn't mess with their production. Most of their components used to be available to reloaders, but Idk if that will continue.

I'm thinking 12-18 months before we see some semblance of normal.
I think some supply will return in that period of time but if anyone thinks that 9mm is going to be less than 50 cpr or so in that time frame, they're smoking some good crack. Sticky price is going to nail the price up for awhile.

I think some supply will return in that period of time but if anyone thinks that 9mm is going to be less than 50 cpr or so in that time frame, they're smoking some good crack. Sticky price is going to nail the price up for awhile.
I did find some 9MM for .52 cents a round last night. Not great, but not terrible for today's standards.

Their main plant in Arkansas is fully capable, they can manufacture all of the components from raw materials, long as they can get raw materials. I don't believe they manufacture powder at their plant but I'm sure the can blend it or spec it out themselves and I'm sure they still have a relationship with Dupont. I know they certainly don't use any canister grade powders in their ammo so reloading powder shortage wouldn't mess with their production. Most of their components used to be available to reloaders, but Idk if that will continue.
Hodgdon Powder Company bought the IMR powder operations back in 2003. Dupont is out of it and the line is now made in Canada. They own the Winchester brand and just bought the Accurate and Ramshot line last year. The only functioning plant in the US is the St. Mark's, FL plat operated by General Dynamics.

Well, this should help(I know it's not the best, but it's ammo lol)

"The lack of consistent production at the Remington ammo plant is considered one of the elements in the perfect storm of supply chain issues that have plagued the ammo market through 2020 and into 2021."

I still call BS on that. 'lack of production' my ass. a deliberate campaign to create a shortage, that is what it always was. make a shortage, boost prices, and rip the dividends.

"The lack of consistent production at the Remington ammo plant is considered one of the elements in the perfect storm of supply chain issues that have plagued the ammo market through 2020 and into 2021."

I still call BS on that. 'lack of production' my ass. a deliberate campaign to create a shortage, that is what it always was. make a shortage, boost prices, and rip the dividends.
Lol, keep smoking that tinfoil. Remington was in Bankruptcy/selloff land and the people holding the bag cut production to stem the tide of red ink on the books.

Back
Top Bottom