• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big Green Is Back: Remington Ammo Plant Working 24/7

This is why I am glad I made my own 9mm for 13 cents a round to shoot this week.
I wanted to get into reloading for the last few years, obviously now it's near impossible. I've been shooting A LOT so I figured I'd replenish some rounds. Still beats the cost of people selling on here.

I think some supply will return in that period of time but if anyone thinks that 9mm is going to be less than 50 cpr or so in that time frame, they're smoking some good crack. Sticky price is going to nail the price up for awhile.
The big box stores have it for <40 cpr but it lasts all of 15 minutes.

I couldn't find any other post on this, but will they ever catch up? Do they need more plants?

Walmart actually has stock on shelves, but it is crappy .22LR nobody really wants too bad at the price they're charging. Don't see any specials there on CCI or Aguila.

I couldn't find any other post on this, but will they ever catch up? Do they need more plants?

Walmart actually has stock on shelves, but it is crappy .22LR nobody really wants too bad at the price they're charging. Don't see any specials there on CCI or Aguila.
I honestly don’t see supply ever catching up to demand again. Not the way the world is going.

I'm really very happy with the Wally Federal AutoMatch... Great ammo for 6.5 cents per round. ($21.16.box)
Only .22lr I've bought in the last year. Works well in everything...

1665018283351.png

with several million new gun owners in the past 2.whatever years….. thats not an easy problem to solve. even if only 20% stay active thats still a huge demand. There’s better supply now but because of sticky price and inflation the prices aren’t going to drop. And walmart is no longer the 800lb ammo gorilla….

52 cents a round for 9mm? I see it advertised for 28 cents a round but I reload it for much less than that. Am I missing something?
yes. Markup... [rofl]

Those crazy bastards want a profit! 🤪

how many of the 'new' owners are really doing sufficient training vs. going to the range 2-3x per year?
Even if the abandonment rate is 80% (eg, people who buy guns and they basically become closet dust collectors) that's still a shitload of new people shooting guns.....

Even if the abandonment rate is 80% (eg, people who buy guns and they basically become closet dust collectors) that's still a shitload of new people shooting guns.....
I'm hoping lots of nice "lightly used" or "never fired" firearms hit the market in the upcoming years... ammo too.

ezgif-5-e0235fc430.gif

Last edited:
Is this really the way they fill shotgun shell boxes?

Seriously?

They show this to inspire confidence?

527AD164-AD1C-48FF-A73A-034DC3584D67.jpeg 89F0F84B-9206-47D3-BE0C-6CD6FD116709.jpeg

No wonder there is nothing on the shelves

I think some supply will return in that period of time but if anyone thinks that 9mm is going to be less than 50 cpr or so in that time frame, they're smoking some good crack. Sticky price is going to nail the price up for awhile.
Target Sports has .27-.30 a round per 1000 for 9mm free delivery to your door as of today. Lots of brands. Not great but not .50 a round.

Target Sports has .27-.30 a round per 1000 for 9mm free delivery to your door as of today. Lots of brands. Not great but not .50 a round.
lol when I originally posted that I said 12 to 18 months and that was posted a lot longer than a year ago….. 🤣. yes we’re looking at more like 25-30 cpr now but we’re way past last fall…. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom