• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big Daddy Unlimited

Subscription based retailer that a lot of you tubers are plugging.

Anyone use it? Thoughts?

And do they have fixed list of inventory or are they some sort of clearing house with random stuff?

$10/month for the possibility that they have slightly better pricing than competitors? Sounds like BS unless you buy a lot of gear every single month.

We hosted their "Epic Shoot" last year at my local club. Hosting it again this year. At that shoot I met a number of "celebrities", and saw brand new product from a bunch of vendors.

Zev-Tech, SB Tactical, Colion Noir, Iraqi8888, Jerry Micelek, etc.

As a thank you for RO'ing, I was given a year's subscription to their site. I've bought a few things from them. Prices are competitive, and product selection is good.

I'd perhaps buy more, but I have a few friends who work in the industry, and they get serious discounts - like 40% on stuff from Primary Arms...

Some nice footage of my club.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBTFtHAXUnA

Last edited:
$10/month for the possibility that they have slightly better pricing than competitors? Sounds like BS unless you buy a lot of gear every single month.

For a lot of things, they have much better pricing. And a year subscription is like $90 rather than $120. It’s easily possible to make up the membership price in two purchases. That said, their stock right now kind of sucks.

I used their .99 cent trial and definitely saved a few hundred dollars on a couple builds. Went to the regular membership, but we’ll see how much I actually buy in the next year.

Is the service on what they actually stock better than the other skinflint vendors?

Is the service on what they actually stock better than the other skinflint vendors?

Prior to COVID, they had decent stock, and anything that was said to be in stock, was.

Navigating their website for browsing sucks though. You pretty much need to know what you’re looking for, like Brownells.

Prior to COVID, they had decent stock, and anything that was said to be in stock, was.

Navigating their website for browsing sucks though. You pretty much need to know what you’re looking for, like Brownells.
So basically you better come armed with SKUs or part numbers...

They advertise it as "the Costco of the gun industry" and that seems pretty accurate: generally better prices though possibly lacking more uncommon items. I got started with a $0.99 trial month, then ran about a year at $10/mo. Been very pleased with prices and availability for RMRs, Eotechs, Lancer and Glock mags, Surefire lights. Haven't really dug into the other areas of inventory yet (ammo, guns, NFA) but you do need to know what you're looking for. Actually saved so much and have enough future plans that I requested a lifetime membership. They told me they're considering offering it and not yet gone public, but went ahead and let me buy one for reaching out ($299).

Post specific items within these categories and I'll snapshot some current prices and inventory.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.09.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.09.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.10.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.10.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.10.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.10.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.10.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.10.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.11.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.11.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.11.41 AM.png

Last edited:
Update: looks like they don’t have as much discount on as many items as before. Now the big discounts are a small portion of items, and small discounts are a bigger portion. Still with the 99 cent trial if you’ve got some builds or big purchases coming up though.

Just had an example worth sharing. BDU sent me an item restock alert email two hours after I last posted here. Had been looking for a Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack for an X95. They're $350 elsewhere, previously got one at BDU for $291, but been out of stock for at least a couple months. Clicked the notification to find there were 12 in stock at $301 -- got my order in. Now 5 hours after notification there are only 3 left.

Gotten several other hot items like Eotechs this way and they often disappear within a few hours of restock. Typically $20-100 under what others are charging and often gives me a short window to order one that non-members wouldn't have. I think only once Amazon had something around $10 cheaper than BDU, otherwise Amazon and Optics Planet always have the higher price.

They advertise it as "the Costco of the gun industry" and that seems pretty accurate: generally better prices though possibly lacking more uncommon items. I got started with a $0.99 trial month, then ran about a year at $10/mo. Been very pleased with prices and availability for RMRs, Eotechs, Lancer and Glock mags, Surefire lights. Haven't really dug into the other areas of inventory yet (ammo, guns, NFA) but you do need to know what you're looking for. Actually saved so much and have enough future plans that I requested a lifetime membership. They told me they're considering offering it and not yet gone public, but went ahead and let me buy one for reaching out ($299).

Post specific items within these categories and I'll snapshot some current prices and inventory.

Do they have any of the vortex razor LPVO's? Looking at the new 1-10x or maybe the 1-6 if the money was right.

Do they have any of the vortex razor LPVO's? Looking at the new 1-10x or maybe the 1-6 if the money was right.
Here's something I haven't encountered before. The page says "request price" and clicking cues an agent to email me. I'll let you know what they say. Also found a Vortex product list with a note to call or email for pricing on anything Vortex, even if not listed on the site.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 6.20.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 6.20.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 6.23.16 PM.png

I thought this was about Big Daddy Holsters check them out they are great. Real quailty. I use one daily perfect for small of the back S&W j frame or Glock 19 I carry both alternate days

Back
Top Bottom