• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big Bust in CA with photo of the take

67ray

NES Member
Doesn't get any more real than this . . . how many lives were saved

67279ecc7b99f79d86a3522a3301d0fc

I would have loved to catch the scumbag who stole mine over ten years ago while it was parked at work. The eventually fired Fat Bastard Head of Security wouldn't even let me review the security tapes either! I was first in a run of about ten others before the dirtbag was finally caught elsewhere.

Sux. Don't have a problem where I'm at, but we got a whole chunk of the garage taken up by the one ton because of this shit. We leave the tractor and one car outside that could easily fit in that apace. Looking for a deterrent solution, but they ain't cheap, and it seems they arent foolproof.
Enough ground clearance they can spend as much time as the wanted under there at 3 am. Neighbors had engine parts stolen off a loader one night... didn't realize it until much, much later, as he only used it about once or twice a month.

I would think if you remove the converter you probably won't pass the emissions test for your sticker.
There is no emissions test in Bryan County, Georgia. I was surprised to learn this. It varies from county to county. There’s no vehicle inspection in fact.

Which does mean that you end up with unroadworthy vehicles on the road. EBBAF1BA-C08A-4728-9432-354C7317C427.jpeg

I had an old square 1/2 ton ram 318 that I swapped on a 1 ton 360 exhaust system on. Factory H pipe into a dual inlet muffler to a single 2.75" tailpipe i think. I deleted the air pump and plugged the holes in the manifolds. Boy... that really unlocked 5 extra horses.
The exhaust actually sounded worse. Sounded like a ups truck on life support.

There is no emissions test in Bryan County, Georgia. I was surprised to learn this. It varies from county to county. There’s no vehicle inspection in fact.

Which does mean that you end up with unroadworthy vehicles on the road. View attachment 704591

California doesn't have vehicle inspections either, just emissions.

It is ironic that arguably the most nanny state in the union doesn't feel the need to inspect your car, for your own good.

Which does mean that you end up with unroadworthy vehicles on the road. View attachment 704591
And....how many accidents has the Beverly Hillbillies' pickup caused? The rubber on that ride looks better than a lot of stuff around here, and we get snow (supposedly).

I had an old square 1/2 ton ram 318 that I swapped on a 1 ton 360 exhaust system on. Factory H pipe into a dual inlet muffler to a single 2.75" tailpipe i think. I deleted the air pump and plugged the holes in the manifolds. Boy... that really unlocked 5 extra horses.
The exhaust actually sounded worse. Sounded like a ups truck on life support.
Now that I thought about it I think it was dual mufflers into a single tailpipe.
Can't rember if it has cats or not. I sent remember having to do much. I think I trimmed something the wheelbase were different.

Now that I thought about it I think it was dual mufflers into a single tailpipe.
Can't rember if it has cats or not. I sent remember having to do much. I think I trimmed something the wheelbase were different.
Either way, nobody cares lol

Doesn't get any more real than this . . . how many lives were saved
The concept of private property is pretty fundamental. I'd rather cops go after cat converter thieves than some guy minding his own business who cut the barrel on his shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom