• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden wants to give assault weapon owners two options: Sell your guns to the feds or register

Reptile

NES Member
As part of his plan to curb gun violence in America, former Vice President Joe Biden is proposing that owners of assault-style weapons either sell their firearms through a voluntary buyback program or register their weapons with the government.

The proposal is part of a wide-ranging plan the Democratic presidential candidate unveiled Wednesday ahead of his appearance at a gun safety forum in Nevada.

Biden, like many of his rivals for the nomination, is calling for a ban on assault-style weapons. For current owners who don’t sell them back, the former vice president proposes that such weapons be regulated under the National Firearms Act, which was enacted in the 1930s to cut down on gangland violence during the Prohibition era.

The Biden campaign, in announcing the plan, said “the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes.”

Biden wants to give assault weapon owners two options: Sell your guns to the feds or register

Pandering. Long guns are not the problem. AR's are not nearly used as often as they'd like. AWB's don't reduce crime. All facts. They aren't working off of facts. They are working off of FEEEEEEELINGS.

Of course Joltin Joe is gonna ratchet it up. He wants the nomination. I believe that a D president in 2 years (as if!) with a D majority in both houses STILL couldn't pass meaningful gun control. Too many D's would fear losing their jobs. They watched many lose them after Obamacare. Job security ensures they vote their local base, not the party.

Another D move. The D's are going to throw Biden under the bus anyway so he won't get the nomination. They'll eat their own and wonder why they didn't win.

OK. One of my ARs has a bayonet lug so it's a assault weapon. The other has no bayonet lug, so it's a rifle. They just want to ban all semi rifles. But, you knew that. Jack.
Yes and after the semi's they'll want those high powered sniper rifles and after that those weapons of mass destruction that can fire multiple rounds with one shot the shotgun. It'll never end with them.

The follow on legislation after the inevitable mass shooting with an AR will be that neighbors can ERPO on suspicion of unregistered guns. After that, that it will be mandatory to ERPO if you suspect your neighr has an unregistered gun.

That's how Statist Totalitarian Regimes work:. pit neighbor against neighbor when the State is to blame.

The follow on legislation after the inevitable mass shooting with an AR will be that neighbors can ERPO on suspicion of unregistered guns. After that, that it will be mandatory to ERPO if you suspect your neighr has an unregistered gun.

That's how Statist Totalitarian Regimes work:. pit neighbor against neighbor when the State is to blame.

I'll bet there'd be a lot of "neighbors" mysteriously found dead all across the country.

When Biden sells his penis back to the govt to prevent rape I'll think about it . . . for a second, then lmao.
He could just register it. It is an assault penis after all. Lop off the lug, engrave a serial number on it, prevent transfers to others without FPL involvement and background checks. Limit the amount of ammo available to it.

Blooper Biden meant to say: "In my fictional world assault weapons owners will have two options; give up your guns to the government right away, for minimal compensation; or, we'll try to take them away later, and you'll get nothing."

He could just register it. It is an assault penis after all. Lop off the lug, engrave a serial number on it, prevent transfers to others without FPL involvement and background checks. Limit the amount of ammo available to it.
I'm guessing that the S/N would have to be limited to 3 or 4 characters. Jack.

Wow, doesnt everyone see how "moderate" uncle shotgun Joe is? See, he LETS you keep them! What a stand up guy compared to the other confiscation nuts. Totally the center of the road reasonable executive we need. Until now I thought someone forgot to latch the door at the retirement home but this really changed my mind

Fine. If you want to magically treat them as NFA items, then I want to buy NFA items without all the BS.

Back
Top Bottom