Biden to Sign Expansive EO Today on Background Checks

MAJoe

NES Member
Maybe in before the dupe police??

Quite a lot in this one.

Maybe I’m ignorant, but how does an FFL continue to sell guns with a suspended or revoked license? Wouldn’t that already be illegal?

Which was smoke to cover the election
smoke-up-your-ass.jpg

"The order will also direct the secretary of transportation, in consultation with the Department of Justice, to work to "reduce the loss or theft of firearms during shipment," and to improve the reporting of such losses or thefts by engaging with carrels and shippers."

Shippers will react, as desired by the Biden Administration, by further complicating and limiting firearms shipping.

Quite a lot in this one.

Maybe I’m ignorant, but how does an FFL continue to sell guns with a suspended or revoked license? Wouldn’t that already be illegal?
I'm guessing this would hit people like the guy from the mill who was straw selling.

License = revoked, can never be a ffl again instead of being able to possibly start a new busniess elsewhere.

It's particularly concerning because, let's say the littleton thing is all a mistake and misunderstanding and he beats charges in court- this EO sounds like he'd still not be able to open a new busniess.

Also, f*** that guy, eabod.

"The order will also direct the secretary of transportation, in consultation with the Department of Justice, to work to "reduce the loss or theft of firearms during shipment," and to improve the reporting of such losses or thefts by engaging with carrels and shippers."

Shippers will react, as desired by the Biden Administration, by further complicating and limiting firearms shipping.

The EO can suck balls, but overall I'm on the fence about making it harder for some scumbag at the shipping company to steal my gun. As someone who's gun package was "Lost" in transit I'd love to see someone hang for it. Luckily when I asked when the police were going to get involved and my constant baggering of them the gun somehow was miraculously "Found" and ultimately delivered a week late. That crap shouldn't happen.

Quite a lot in this one.

Redundant and ridiculous are the two words that best describe gun laws.

I'm guessing this would hit people like the guy from the mill who was straw selling.

License = revoked, can never be a ffl again instead of being able to possibly start a new busniess elsewhere.

It's particularly concerning because, let's say the littleton thing is all a mistake and misunderstanding and he beats charges in court- this EO sounds like he'd still not be able to open a new busniess.

Also, f*** that guy, eabod.
Probably just got around to watching meth jacket firearms and said we need to do something about it

The EO can suck balls, but overall I'm on the fence about making it harder for some scumbag at the shipping company to steal my gun. As someone who's gun package was "Lost" in transit I'd love to see someone hang for it. Luckily when I asked when the police were going to get involved and my constant baggering of them the gun somehow was miraculously "Found" and ultimately delivered a week late. That crap shouldn't happen.

It isn't just about that, this EO is about making it difficult and costly to ship firearms, ammo, or anything firearms related without actually putting taxes directly on them at their point of sales. I've said this before - I don't care where you live, these types of EOs are going to have an impact on buying/selling firearms, they are going to figure out backdoor ways of f***ing us over and this will be one example of what is to come.

It won't make it harder for them to steal, it will make it more expensive and harder for you to ship.

A brown box is a brown box. If they can't stop it today, they won't stop it tomorrow. Are they going to mandate a GPS securely attached to your gun?

Instead they will probably charge extra for some additional BS insurance which they say will be used to go after people that steal, or some crap they will never implement.

“The president is also urging the independent Federal Trade Commission to produce a public report examining how manufacturers market guns, with a specific focus on marketing directed toward minors, including through the use of military imagery.”

This is about FTC gathering evidence for private lawsuits that evade Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) by making firearms manufacturers settle out of court.

It won't make it harder for them to steal, it will make it more expensive and harder for you to ship.

A brown box is a brown box. If they can't stop it today, they won't stop it tomorrow. Are they going to mandate a GPS securely attached to your gun?

Instead they will probably charge extra for some additional BS insurance which they say will be used to go after people that steal, or some crap they will never implement.
Gosh. You don’t believe that our government acts in our best interests??

Me neither.

I sold three guns this past weekend, using the Georgia loophole. I asked to see their permits, took their cash and handed over the firearms. No laws broken. No paperwork.

Dude!!!! Knock it off, dont give them any ideas!!!!!

Stupid question:

Is it actually possible to see the text of the executive order, or is it some Healey style secret order that we're not allowed to see?
Here’s the release, I assume the EO will be available once signed.

Here’s the release, I assume the EO will be available once signed.

Full of sound and fury and signifying nothing.

Back
Top Bottom