• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden promises Menino: fast action on gun control

Vice President Joe Biden “guaranteed” Mayor Thomas M. Menino — a leading national gun control advocate — that President Obama will pass sweeping firearms reforms by the end of the month, the mayor said today.

“He said, ‘Tommy, I guarantee you, we’ll get it done by the end of January,’” Menino said at City Hall today. “They’re going to get it done.”

The mayor, who has been recovering from a host of ailments for the past two months, said Biden called him several times while he was in the hospital, including a call after the Newtown school massacre to discuss gun control.

Herald link for full-story

Sure is nice to drive around every where with your own personal armed guard, isn't it Menino?

“I understand the second amendment, the right to bear arms. But I don’t understand how young kids should be able to get guns,” he said, referring to the plague of urban gang violence largely involving young males.

They're like the drunk who looks for his keys under the streetlamp.

Supposing this is true/factual, it would seem to be hinting at direct executive action.

Either exec action or they are supremely confident that they can get legislation passed.
Unfortunately, due to LaPierre's insane press conferences, NRA doesn't even have a seat at the table.
Biden is crafting gun control legislation with zero input from NRA. Real effective organization.

Either exec action or they are supremely confident that they can get legislation passed.
Unfortunately, due to LaPierre's insane press conferences, NRA doesn't even have a seat at the table.
Biden is crafting gun control legislation with zero input from NRA. Real effective organization.

You're kidding yourself if you ever thought the NRA would (or should) have a "seat at the gun control table." There's no way they should "participate" in this sham.

You're kidding yourself if you ever thought the NRA would (or should) have a "seat at the gun control table." There's no way they should "participate" in this sham.
^^that

Yeah, if NRA participated, more than half of NES would be accusing them of being an accessory to whatever bad law comes out.

We can HOPE they have enough clout to garner sufficient opposition to any bill that isn't directly addressing the root causes of nutjobs going on random killing sprees.

The problem is the left seems to have this bizarre score keeping mentality where horrible violent attacks give them points to spend on this crap. Nevermind that what they want to pass would stop not one of those incidents. They have the POINTS.

Last edited:

felony charge is not a sham, and the time to influence legislation is before it's enacted, not after. We can't expect comm2a to clean up the mess once it's passed.

LoL.....the VP is calling this guy just to chit chat and say hello and discuss gun control.

How does he keep getting office he is a disgrace to the city of Boston and New England sports fans.

Maybe if the Great Saint O does an executive order against the 2nd Amendment, they can impeach him for a direct attack on the Constitution? One can hope...

votingboxes_zps4a8b2160.jpg

felony charge is not a sham, and the time to influence legislation is before it's enacted, not after. We can't expect comm2a to clean up the mess once it's passed.

The idea of a "panel" to discuss gun control is a sham. 'm not sure which bothers me more, the fact you think this "summit" on gun control is actually a discussion, with all sides getting an input, or the fact you think Commonwealth Second Amendment could somehow "clean up" federal legislation.

If biden called to discuss gun control, this will take a while.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

“I understand the second amendment, the right to bear arms. But I don’t understand how young kids should be able to get guns,” he said, referring to the plague of urban gang violence largely involving young males.

They're like the drunk who looks for his keys under the streetlamp.

What Menino said right after this was the most disturbing part. He didn't know how young kids can get guns AND be able to purchase at gun shows.

Equally disturbing is how the local media doesn't research and correct these totally false statements.

Back
Top Bottom