Biden Magazine/Rifle NFA Tax Stamp Budget

You guys aren't really going to pay to register magazines are you?
As I noted elsewhere if it makes you more comfortable you can swap NFA tax stamps with "magical tokens" or whatever.
It's a game/activity, not seeking practical advice in case this dystopia becomes reality.

The point is more
- you have 10 "tokens"
- a semi-auto rifle costs 1 token
- a high-cap mag is 1 token
- 10 round mags and ammo are free

How would you spend 10 tokens assuming you would never get to acquire more tokens? I think I'd pick four rifles, and do 2-2-1-1 magazines.
Just "for fun" curious if people would rather have one or two rifles and lots of mags or a variety of rifles with fewer mags.

Its been posted here i know what its about. And nfw id do it, it would cripple me financially to comply with registering my own legally bought property.
i guess the idea is to have enough coverage to be able to present it at the range in case of a sting of atf inspection - to cover the equipment you have with you.
frankly, this whole talk is frustrating.

i guess the idea is to have enough coverage to be able to present it at the range in case of a sting of atf inspection - to cover the equipment you have with you.
frankly, this whole talk is frustrating.
Yeah if there's an atf agent waiting at the gate of my range to "inspect" my bag he better be in an mrap

Yeah if there's an atf agent waiting at the gate of my range to "inspect" my bag he better be in an mrap
what makes you think it will not be? you will start a war with park rangers and national guard? sure...

As I noted elsewhere if it makes you more comfortable you can swap NFA tax stamps with "magical tokens" or whatever.
It's a game/activity, not seeking practical advice in case this dystopia becomes reality.

The point is more
- you have 10 "tokens"
- a semi-auto rifle costs 1 token
- a high-cap mag is 1 token
- 10 round mags and ammo are free

How would you spend 10 tokens assuming you would never get to acquire more tokens? I think I'd pick four rifles, and do 2-2-1-1 magazines.
Just "for fun" curious if people would rather have one or two rifles and lots of mags or a variety of rifles with fewer mags.

I would literally shoot the person holding the tokens and then anyone who was there supporting him.

I would literally shoot the person holding the tokens and then anyone who was there supporting him.
OK, then, the famed "NES boating accident?" Ship is sinking with your entire mag and rifle collection, but you're only able to carry ten items.

I can keep coming up with deus ex machina constraints, lol. The point is not "will you or won't you comply" but how to assign value to magazines and rifles if there is a limited supply available to you.

That's fine but standing outside a gun range f***ing with heavily armed people is not conducive to living a long life
huh. people leaving the range are all out of ammo. :) what the heck can they do - poke them with their ARs? :)

I'm rowing my boat as I type this.
What guns?
Jeeze and I just lost all my clipazinomabobs in the water.. Oopsies![rofl2]

I sure Beto is going to help with the NRA round up as well![smile]

Sorry, I already paid the taxes on my arms. I sure as hell ain't paying that a second time!

Shall not be (Oh, F you)...

Do we know for sure this is happening? It likely won’t gain traction past the supreme court.

ETA: I get the point of the exercise. It’s worse case scenario combinatorics.

I figured it'd be close to 50-50. I knew a lot of people would just see the first sentence or something and ignore that it's a game.
game or not, but the anticipation of the upcoming economical squeeze of gun ownership is totally warranted.
who back in 1940s would believe it will be economically unreasonable to smoke? go figure.

game or not, but the anticipation of the upcoming economical squeeze of gun ownership is totally warranted.
who back in 1940s would believe it will be economically unreasonable to smoke? go figure.
I was in the shower when I thought about how much it would actually cost me to be in complete compliance with this based on what I own today.
That was kind of the genesis of this experiment.

Excuse me if I pass on doing math for fun [smile], but has Biden actually said he was going to do this? No grandfathering? Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to one thing he has said ever.

Was it 23M guns sold in 2020 alone? That's a big frigging number in just one year... The Mill will be popping up in every town across the country if this happens.

Excuse me if I pass on doing math for fun [smile], but has Biden actually said he was going to do this? No grandfathering? Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to one thing he has said ever.

Was it 23M guns sold in 2020 alone? That's a big frigging number in just one year...
The plan was to add "evil" rifles and high capacity magazines to the NFA, yes. People have taken that to mean tax stamps/fingerprints, etc.

From his website (sucked it up and went there):

• Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Qty 80 stanag magazines. --> $1600
Qty 80 .458 SOCOM floor plates --> $400

Done.

Or I could cut back accordingly to load 10 rounds into each magazine that I purchase. I roll my own 458 so the cost is reasonable.

Was it 23M guns sold in 2020 alone? That's a big frigging number in just one year... The Mill will be popping up in every town across the country if this happens.

Biden said it is his plan.

Will it make the list like a variety of Trump talking points that never did? Will it pass? Will they decide it's a liability to pass even if they can? Will SCOTUS save us?

All good questions.

I think trying to force NFA as we know it on 25+ (maybe 100 even) million guns, nevermind magazines, is unfeasible and is very likely to get SCOTUS excited. NFA is a process designed around guns/parts determined not to fall under 2A, not common everyday stuff.

Biden said it is his plan.

Will it make the list like a variety of Trump talking points that never did? Will it pass? Will they decide it's a liability to pass even if they can? Will SCOTUS save us?

All good questions.

I think trying to force NFA as we know it on 25+ (maybe 100 even) million guns, nevermind magazines, is unfeasible and is very likely to get SCOTUS excited. NFA is a process designed around guns/parts determined not to fall under 2A, not common everyday stuff.
I would say the SCOTUS is a write off at this point.
If we had any hope of them doing right by the american people it is gone now.

I would say the SCOTUS is a write off at this point.
If we had any hope of them doing right by the american people it is gone now.

I know what you mean but we now have a 6/3 SCOTUS (ok maybe a 5.5/3.5). And the Biden stuff isn't a state magazine limit. This would be far more extreme stuff facing an extremely confident group of conservatives.

Here is a question ...
If Biden grants you amnesty with free registration for guns and mags - will you register?

Some people own 100 lowers and 2000 mags.

Free registration will save you $500,000.00.

Then you can sell off some of your mags to include the tax stamp cost which will be an extra $200.

Here is a question ...
If Biden grants you amnesty with free registration for guns and mags - will you register?
Some people own 100 lowers and 2000 mags. Free registration will save you $500,000.00.
Then you can sell off some of your mags to include the tax stamp cost which will be an extra $200.
The insidious part about requiring NFA registration isn't just the initial (possibly waived, as in the SBR proposal) tax, but also each subsequent sale and transfer incurs the full $200 tax (per item) and associated NFA processing delay.

I suppose you could spin up 90 identical "NFA gun trust #1xx", each of which owns one gun and ten magazines, and use those for the amnesty registrations ;)

Back
Top Bottom